ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bug - AB350 Pro4 F11 boot menu corrupt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 1:39am
Latest BIOS update: no improvement. Even after reflashing. On top of that, it doesn't do anything with the order of boot items I set in the BIOS. This worked fine in the previous version.

I set it to 1: Linux Boot Manager, 2: Windows Boot Manager and 3: UEFI Shell. No matter what I do, it puts Windows and UEFI shell on the top of the list.

Anyway, I'm done with this buggy ASRock piece of crap. I will return it to the retailer tomorrow.

Lesson learned, spend a little bit more on a quality motherboard.

Edited by G-Force - 22 Nov 2017 at 1:40am
SejoDrogba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SejoDrogba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:32pm
Hi I can that fix it..Contact me per E-mail
sejo_drogba11@live.com
andre117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:10pm
It is probable not an UEFI Bios bug.

There might be an orphaned UEFI boot entry in your system that points to a location where it no longer exists.

Try this tool:

Check for orphaned entries and remove them (if you are still able too boot windows).
The same thing can be done under linux. See efibootmgr here.

Edited by andre117 - 21 Jun 2018 at 10:12pm
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 4:50am
 I had that with my x370  K4. Only solution was to send it to RMA.
Sohanuzzaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sohanuzzaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:42am
I have the same problem
Can you help me
brewcrew87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewcrew87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by andre117 andre117 wrote:

It is probable not an UEFI Bios bug.

There might be an orphaned UEFI boot entry in your system that points to a location where it no longer exists.

Try this tool:

Check for orphaned entries and remove them (if you are still able too boot windows).
The same thing can be done under linux. See efibootmgr here.

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say thanks...  I had a corrupted value on my boot menu from this due to an issue I had when installing Mac OS on my PC.  I was able to use this to get rid of the erroneous Clover EFI and now I can quickly boot between OSX and W10 via the F11 shortcut (I could still go all the way into the BIOS and change the boot sequence the manual way).

Nice little tool that is for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic