ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock X370 Taichi AM4 Bios error code 30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ucsmfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock X370 Taichi AM4 Bios error code 30
    Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 3:14am
Here's the specs of the new desktop I recently built

Ryzen 7 1700
Thermaltake 650W PS
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
AsRock X370 Taichi Mobo
16 gb Gskill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz memory 
Asus Gtx 1080 Strix gpu

Few months back I've been getting error code 30 and error code 00 on my motherboard and sometimes the screen will freeze and go black and then the computer will restart by itself. When it freezes, I'll have to turn off the computer then turn it back on and it would work normally.

It's been working well for some time after that. I'll always leave my computer on so no random reboots , freezing or crashing.

Lately, I've been getting the error code 30 on my mobo whenever I wake up the computer from sleep mode. Computer runs fine with no problems.

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get rid of the 30 error code on the mobo or if I would need to RMA this motherboard.

Thanks

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 4:52am
ucsmfu, code 30 is a status code, not error code: 30 - System is waking up from the S3 sleep state
See here: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017
Please look in C:\windows and see if there is a minidump folder.  If there is one please compress it and upload it to a hosting site and let us know where to find it.  Your power supply may be a little weak.  Do you have a 4-pin and 8-pin CPU connection?  Is the video connected to its required power cable(s) (PCIe)?  Do not interchange CPU and PCIe cables.  Could you borrow a  more powerful PS, say about 800 W?  I have no problems at all with sleeping my X370 or X399 systems.  I have seen some funny screens which were corrected by video driver updates (there are lots and lots of video driver updates). Are your video drivers up to date?  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic