ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Taichi Slow Wifi Speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Taichi Slow Wifi Speed
    Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:33am
Hi!

Just bought a x370 Taichi to pair with a Ryzen 1700.

Everything is working fine with the exception of the wi fi connection. I updated BIOS to 3.00 and then to 3.20.

The wi fi is extremely slow. I tested the connection and is giving half of what it should. I installed the latest drives from Intel. I changed the power plan to high perfomance and didn't help.

I tested another wireless adapter and the connection is fine and stable. What I saw is that my router is old, from 2013. Can't update firmware because there is none new after that year. Some topics on the internet  say that I should use new routers. I searched the internet and tested everything else I could find with no solution.

Bluetooth worked fine (didn't use much).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:42am
tlt, the only question I can think to ask is are both antennae connected?  I have an old Cisco/Linksys router and I run after market firmware from here: http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=119
I don't know what router you have but if it is supported by shibby it may be worth a try.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
tlt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 1:01am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

tlt, the only question I can think to ask is are both antennae connected?  I have an old Cisco/Linksys router and I run after market firmware from here: http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=119
I don't know what router you have but if it is supported by shibby it may be worth a try.  Enjoy, John.

The antennas are connected to the motherboard. I checked twice and moved the antennas in the direction of the router.

The router is the 2730r from D Link. Couldn't find any alternative firmware. I am going to try your link when I get home, as that page is blocked at my work.

Anyway, thanks for your response!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic