ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Screen freeze, now wont post, error codes 15,40,4F
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screen freeze, now wont post, error codes 15,40,4F

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijasom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screen freeze, now wont post, error codes 15,40,4F
    Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 9:15pm
I was playing a game which had my pc running everything pretty good, nothing major, temps were normal everything was fine, when the screen froze and the sound repeated, i shut off my pc, tred to reboot, and nothing. will not post. i simply get the error codes 15,40,4F on the motherboard.

i am running an I7 4770k, gtx 780, and 16GB ram. everything should have been fine.. 
Pc has been running for less than a year. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:21am
I would start by checking all your power connections, reseat all hardware and make sure your GPU hasn't popped out of the slot partially. 

If that does not help then try clear CMOS using this method and see it that helps.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:32am
Given those POST codes, 15, 40, 4F, that indicates a memory problem.

It is rare for memory to fail spontaneously, but it can happen. All it takes is one memory chip to fail, or if one of the DIMMs is not in its DIMM slot completely.

Two things for you to do. Remount all of your DIMMs, and clear the CMOS/BIOS.

If POST still fails, start checking the DIMMs for failure. Try one at a time in the slots farthest from the CPU in each channel. Try to keep track of which DIMMs you tried and did not try. Each time you change the DIMM or DIMMs, clear the CMOS/BIOS.

What board are you using, and what memory?
Dijasom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijasom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 1:19am
I am running the z87 extreme 9/ ac mobo, i have unseated and reseated my GPU, CPU, Ram, and will now do a full test on the ram a second time. 
i have a shipment of ram comming in, a friend ordered them for me thank his heart, so i am hopeful to have a new set later today, i fully reset the CMOS once already after all of the reseats, but i will do this again with each remounting of the Dims. 

Dijasom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijasom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 1:31am
I have checked both Sets of Ram, and they both give the 15,40,4F errors. They were Team Xtreme 8GB sticks TXD38G2400HC10QBK RAM, THEY WERE SET AT 666.6 MHZ And i set them for their correct 2400MHZ in the bios, then a week later, IE. now, and they both seem to have gone out... little bit depressed that they seemingly could not run at their actual native setting.
They were at 1200MHZ dual channel incase anyone thinks i set them to run at 2400 straight out. :P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic