ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 EXTREME4 FREEZES AND USB ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npapjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 EXTREME4 FREEZES AND USB ISSUES
    Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 5:11am
I am experiencing erratic behaviour from a new build i put together for a client of mine. Clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 Ver. 1709 fully updated and latest bios 1.22. Problems happen using either the asrock provided drivers from the site or the latest drivers per device. the build is consisted of Asrock Z370 Extreme4, i7 8700k, HyperX Fury 32GB DDR4-2400MHz (HX424C15FB2K4/32), Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME, Western Digital Red 1TB, Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC 3GB, Evga 650 GQ, Noctua NH-D15 cooler. The computer runs at default bios settings with minor changes.
-First issue is that the computer freezes while doing nothing stressfull. This has happened 4-5 times during 3 days. No stress at all. When i try to stress test it it behaves just fine, no crash or bsod, temperatures max out 61 degrees celsius and it seems fine, Ram checks out fine. I also ran several rendering sessions and it works like a charm. The freezes don's seem to have a pattern.
-Second strange issue is USB related. I use a microsoft wireless 100 set of keyboard and mouse. While it works ok and i have it connected to the upper left usb 3 port, if i connect a device on the right adjacent port such as usb stick or even external hdd, mouse and keyboard stop working, but the other device is initialized and it opens. If i disconnect it keyboard and mouse work again. Same happens if i use bottom pair of usb 3 ports. If i connect the wireless adapter to the usb 3.1 port and the device in any other back panel port, all work but i get mouse lag. Same happens if i use one upper usb 3 port and one lower usb 3 port. If i use the front panel usb 3 ports connected to any of the 2 headers all work fine and no lag. This happens using both the microsoft driver and the asmedia driver.
Any help would be appreciated because customer is getting angry for his faulty 1600 euro computer. I suggested this motherboard because specs seemed great but sadly it proves me wrong...
filip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:37am
The second issue I also have on my configuration:

Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
Intel i7-8700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 2x16GB, 3200MHz, CL16 (CMK32GX4M2D3200C16)
Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB MZ-V6E500BW
HDD Dysk Western Digital WD Black 4TB WD4003FZEX

Mouse logitech anywhere mx

One difference is that it is still working but the mouse have lags and after some time it's stops working...
Any ideas what is causing such a mouse lag?

O also checked and the problem is only for wireless mouses...

Edited by filip - 04 Dec 2017 at 5:02am
taiku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:30pm
Hi all,

I am observing the same behavior as described above. My Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 also freezes. I am not able to see any pattern. Bios is up to date Windows 10 also.. I tried already a lot.. 

Did u find a solution or the cause?

regards
Taiku
cybtrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybtrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 3:29am
Hello,
I also have the problem with freezes. Yesterday it happend, today I left the PC for 3 hours and came back, the monitor was still on but couldn't move mouse anymore / keyboard didn't react and the LEDs on keyboard didn't light anymore.

I have very similar specs as OP. Mouse and keyboard are Cherry devices so nothing cheap, connected via USB. No more other USB devices. BIOS is 1.30.

If there isn't a solution for this I will return the board.

Edited by cybtrash - 09 Dec 2017 at 3:37am
taiku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:23am
All,

just to close the loop, I got my system stable by

- Disable C Power state completly
- Increase VCCIO 1.1V and  VCCSA 1.24

Gruss
taiku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:27am
I forgot to say I use the Beta Bios 1.1 

I will test the next days if it is the saem with Version 1.3 not sure yet
Brauman49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brauman49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 8:59am
I am having the same issue. i just bought my Extreme 4 this week and i only have one working USB port.  I have a USB HCI compliant Host Controller driver error under the device manager in Windows 10 
I like Beer
alchemist83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alchemist83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 6:00am
Originally posted by taiku taiku wrote:

All,

just to close the loop, I got my system stable by

- Disable C Power state completly
- Increase VCCIO 1.1V and  VCCSA 1.24

Gruss

Nuke DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS! You could fry your RAM.

Then is a known bug with the Z370 Extreme4 - linked to XMP profiling.

In order to stabilise this M.B you infact need to LOWER these settings - not increase them.

see here http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp%3FTID=6860&title=z370-extreme4-xmp-bug

Have read  - see tried and tested workaround. Oh and update BIOS to 1.6 aswell - or at a minimum DO NOT USE 1.3 or 1.4 versions.

alchemist83
deo71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deo71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:47pm
I had problems with power off and restart - the PC screen turns off, but the PC not stopped/rebooted.
Bios upgrade to 1.30 solved the issue.

Edited by deo71 - 08 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic