ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 Pro BTC+ with Celeron Processor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Local11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110 Pro BTC+ with Celeron Processor
    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 1:18am
Having trouble getting the board to POST.  With everything installed all I get it the CPU fan increasing and decreasing speed.    Tried reseating the memory and removing the graphics card and using the onboard video.  Tried it also with known good memory. 

I have not tried another processor because I just don't have those laying around. 

Thanks for any tips before the thing goes back in the box to Amazon. 

jupi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 1:08am
I have the same problem with a Pentium G4600.

I read something about a new bios which might be necessary - but I can´t find the text anymore. Nevertheless.....if this is true - I don´t have an older CPU
psh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 7:27am
I am having the same problem with a celeron  (BX80662G44000)
no post, no beep, no video. Any suggestion before I return?
One question I am using one 4GB DD4 DIMM, this should be ok not dual channel correct?
PSH
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by jupi123 jupi123 wrote:

I have the same problem with a Pentium G4600.

I read something about a new bios which might be necessary - but I can´t find the text anymore. Nevertheless.....if this is true - I don´t have an older CPU

The CPU support list for your board contains the Intel Pentium G4600. The mystery Celeron of the OP remains unknown.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU

Originally posted by psh psh wrote:

I am having the same problem with a celeron  (BX80662G44000)
no post, no beep, no video. Any suggestion before I return?
One question I am using one 4GB DD4 DIMM, this should be ok not dual channel correct?

A Celeron G4400 processor does not exist. I assume you have the Pentium G4400, which matches the SKU you provided?

There is only one UEFI/BIOS version for this board, and both of the processors are supported by that version.

No details about either build, so I can only go over the basics.

Both the 24 pin ATX and 4/8 pin CPU power cables from the PSU must be connected to the board, or the board and CPU will not work.

Did you check the CPU socket for bent pins when you installed the processor?

Using dual channel memory is not required. No idea which memory models are being used. Check that the memory is fully seated in the DIMM slot.

You must install a POST beep speaker or you won't get any beep error codes.

When starting the board for the first time, either use the Intel iGPU, or one video card. If you will be mining, add the other video cards later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic