ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 6th gpu error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 6th gpu error
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 8:23pm
I know this has been covered a little in thread:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5807&title=asrock-h81-pro-btc-6th-gpu-problem
figured I should start  a new one

I have a H81 Pro BTC R2.0 and was getting exactly the same error with 6 GPU cards. Using 5 cards works fine. With 6 cards, windows sibly wouldn't load.

I then logged into the bios. Under Chipset Configuration, I set 'share memory' from Auto to 256. I set 'IGPU Mult-Monitor' to enabled. Which allowed me to boot into Windows with all 6 GPU's plugged, but I still only have 5 usable GPU's.

I couldn't see an IOMMU setting in the Bios, unless it's the same as Share memory?

I am using Win 64bit 8.1 Pro, 8GB memory, 6 x RX 460 GPU's using drive 17.4.4. CPU is an Intel Core i3 4130T.

In resource monitor I can see that hardware reserved is 327MB.

I also tried setting Gen 1 and Gen 2 under PCIE2 Link Speed, with the same result.

I have tried every combination of GPU on every riser with all cables etc, so can confirm all hardware seems to be working properly.

TechPowerUp GPZ-Z only shows 5 cards listed. MSI Afterburner shows 6, but the 6th card has no name and it's settings can't be edited (greyed out)

I have completely removed the graphics drivers over and over, with the same result.

I am kind of running out of steam trying to get all 6 cards running. Angry

Any ideas?

Man thanks

Bob

thor4fun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thor4fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:56pm
I have similar issues: 6xRadeon 580 on Windows 10 Pro or under linux - 6th GPU, to whatever port plugged in, with alternative PSU, rizers - not passing card bios check on ethOS. 5 GPU's work just fine.

I've read somwhere on the forum that if would be good to have 4g encoding option in BIOS, can Asrock provide that? Any bios update?
BobsBits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:28pm
I'm trying 1 or 2 more things when I get home. If it still doesn't work, I will return this for a refund and buy the Asus.
BobsBits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:20pm
SO after much much messing around, I now have 6 GPU's mining. A sys admin friend tried all manner of bios and driver tweaks, to no avail, then sent me the following link to an article about getting 6  gpu's mining (probably for your cards Thor4fun):

http://1stminingrig.com/run-6-rx-570-rx-580-gpus-windows-10/

I was about to try the hybrid install in the article, but just tried AMD driver 16.11.5 on it's own, which worked (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.11.5-Release-Notes.aspx).

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.

Edited by BobsBits - 06 Dec 2017 at 8:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic