ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 many errors when OS install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokeUsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 many errors when OS install
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:39pm
Hi, 
I trying to install a fresh Windows 10 onto my custom PC build. 
First the Windows hasn't been registering my Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD but the BIOS has been, so I was told to try booting through the ASRock mobo CD driver first.
First the window showed: Error reading partition table drive 00 sector 0BIOS?¦â€? then I plugged the Win10 USB back in and set it to boot after the cd. 
Still show error message.
I have literally no idea what to do, I was hoping anyone could help me!
Thanks,

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 3:14pm
Dear jokeUsa,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

If you'd like to install Win10 OS for your system, we provide some suggestions:

1. Please enter BIOS setup and press [F9] to load BIOS default setting in advance.

2. Support CD contains drivers and ASRock utilities.
There's no need to load ASRock support CD before installing the OS.

3. The message indicates that the problem is your Win10 USB flash, please use other OS installation media to verify.
    If you have Win10 ISO file on hand, please use Rufus to create a bootable USB from an ISO image. We link the software as below:

4. Except adjusting the boot option under BIOS>Boot tab, you can also press [F11] to enter the boot menu for quick access.

5. If you are going to install the OS to 960 EVO M.2 SSD (NVMe type), please install it at UEFI (GPT) mode.
    Select your USB installation disk which with UEFI string in front under Boot Menu to start the OS installation.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:12am
remake the win10 usb

use google

and search

windows media creation tool

its a windows website that downloads and makes a bootable win10 usb for you
with the latest version

you can use you original key as long as you select the correct matching version

eg 64 bit pro etc
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:23am
jokeUsa, please post your specifications in your signature as I have, including BIOS and Windows versions. Tell us what M.2 socket your 960 is plugged into.  As datonyb said, please DL and build a W10 latest USB stick here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Please do not try rearranging boot orders.  Use F11 to select the USB to boot for your install and select UEFI-Win USB Stick Name.  Please initialize your drives to GPT.  The main thing we need is a more detailed description of your setup and what you are trying to do.  Open your BIOS and hit F9, then F10.  Enjoy, John.

Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:23am
Originally posted by jokeUsa jokeUsa wrote:

Hi, 
I trying to install a fresh Windows 10 onto my custom PC build. 
First the Windows hasn't been registering my Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD but the BIOS has been, so I was told to try booting through the ASRock mobo CD driver first.
First the window showed: Error reading partition table drive 00 sector 0BIOS?��? then I plugged the Win10 USB back in and set it to boot after the cd. 
Still show error message.
I have literally no idea what to do, I was hoping anyone could help me!
Thanks,

Your 960 EVO must be in the M2_1 slot, the M.2 slot just below the CPU socket.

Do not use the ASRock driver CD, it is not at all necessary and will not help. That advice was wrong.

The Windows 10 USB flash drive must be FIRST in the boot order, not after the optical drive. That error message seems to be an empty optical drive trying to be read. Be sure the optical drive is empty. Or do you also have a Win 10 disk?

Did you create the Win 10 flash drive yourself, or was it provided by MSoft?

You may see multiple entries in the boot order for the USB flash drive, what entries do you have?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic