ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99 Extreme4/3.1 do not detect my 2.5" sp900 ssd
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme4/3.1 do not detect my 2.5" sp900 ssd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleung2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme4/3.1 do not detect my 2.5" sp900 ssd
    Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:56pm
First I installed the mainboard including 4 Ssd(2 adata 2.5" sp900 256gb, 1 sp920 2.5" 512gb and s511 128gb) and 3 X 3.5" hdd connected with my mainboard.

Basically, I am using sp920 ssd as window 7 64 bit OS running in legacy only and Ahci mode and it(2 X sp900 256gb) would not be seen on window disk management, I thought that it may be the window are not install the sata driver properly.

After a few times restarting, the two ssd are not detect and disappear on bios, so I change to another sata slot, sata cable, sata power cable and it still disappear. On the other hand, I also change to Ahci mode to ide, legacy mode to uefi mode, it still the same.

The two ssd that I have already exchanged by Rma. I also transfered to another mainboard asrock p55 connected to sata with ahci mode, it could detect and run properly and it also work on external hdd docking and detect on this mainboard in my Window 7 x64 platform.

Do you have any ideal for that?
Do you have any suggestion/solution for these issues?
Is that the mainboard sata or s_sata port issue?

Edited by gleung2004 - 23 Aug 2015 at 1:02am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 1:16am
I've noticed on several new Intel chipset platforms, Z87, Z97, and X99, that several different models of SSDs I have, when first connected to these boards will not be seen in Windows.

They are seen in the UEFI/BIOS Storage Configuration screen, and the System Browser tool in the UEFI. But boot into Windows (either 8, 8.1, or 10) and the SSDs are not seen by Windows Explorer or Disk Management.

My usual fix for this? Restart the PC. It might take two restarts before the SSD is detected, but I have never had a SSD that was not detected after a restart or two. Once they are initially detected, they will be detected on every cold boot or restart. That is true for SSDs connected to the X99 SATA3 or the SSATA3 ports, I use both.

Did you set the Drive Type in Storage Configuration to SSD for all your SSDs? The default setting is Hard Drive.

I'm sure you know that a new drive of any kind must be initialized in Windows 7,8,8.1, or 10. But until the SSDs are recognized they won't be seen in Disk Management.

Did you try restarting the PC when the SSDs were not detected?
gleung2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleung2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 3:40am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I've noticed on several new Intel chipset platforms, Z87, Z97, and X99, that several different models of SSDs I have, when first connected to these boards will not be seen in Windows.

They are seen in the UEFI/BIOS Storage Configuration screen, and the System Browser tool in the UEFI. But boot into Windows (either 8, 8.1, or 10) and the SSDs are not seen by Windows Explorer or Disk Management.

My usual fix for this? Restart the PC. It might take two restarts before the SSD is detected, but I have never had a SSD that was not detected after a restart or two. Once they are initially detected, they will be detected on every cold boot or restart. That is true for SSDs connected to the X99 SATA3 or the SSATA3 ports, I use both.

Did you set the Drive Type in Storage Configuration to SSD for all your SSDs? The default setting is Hard Drive.

I'm sure you know that a new drive of any kind must be initialized in Windows 7,8,8.1, or 10. But until the SSDs are recognized they won't be seen in Disk Management.

Did you try restarting the PC when the SSDs were not detected?

1. I have set in storage to ssd for all ssds and still not detect my 2 adata sp900 ssd.

2. I have restarted several times and still the same.

Any ideals and how to fix this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic