ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cannot overclock Ryzen 1700X after new BIOS update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot overclock Ryzen 1700X after new BIOS update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinamanch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 3:19pm
ryzen 3 1300x overclock setting are ignored after flashing  the bios to 4.5 version the system defaults to  3.5 Ghz only even though I set my cpu to 3.8 which normally worked prior to updating the bios  CPUZ and windows report 3.5 Ghz only  even if I set it to 3.8 in the bios.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
The updates past 4.0 are designed to accommodate Raven Ridge APUs. If you were stable on an earlier BIOS revision and do not plan to upgrade to a Ryzen APU then there is no benefit to the 4.0 or higher BIOS versions for you, they are focused on improving stability and compatibility for Raven Ridge. Because of this fact it is likely that it could introduce issues with previous generation CPUs (as you have experienced).

You may want to flash back to the last stable BIOS version you used and wait until the new platform matures before updating again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic