ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No love for X370 Taichi?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No love for X370 Taichi?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:14am
Hiya!

I see many UEFI updates for many other Ryzen boards but not for our beloved X370 Taichi! According to https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp%3Fcat=BIOS most of the AM4 boards are getting various goodies, but not the Taichi... Cry I think most of the issues in the changelogs are also applicable to the Taichi as well.

My issues with the Taichi are the untapped potential of otherwise excellent board, namely:

- no new AGESA
- no IOMMU pass-through groups fix/SR-IOV improvements (still requires SW patch)
- no fix for the default Vcore spikes @ auto (P-states OC work but what if I want auto?)
- no hard disable for WIFI/Bluetooth
- no PSP disable switch
- fTPM issues applicable to the Taichi?
- Sapphire boost still buggy here
EDIT:
- what about AMD's Transparent SME for Ryzen/PRO?

Is everything really working just fine with that board and it needs no further fixes/improvements?

What about the upcoming Win 10 FCU? AFAIK AMD systems are still dead in the water for FCU. Is the mobo ready?

Edited by zlobster - 14 Dec 2017 at 3:47am
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 5:09am
considering ive been using fcu for what may be over two weeks now

im yet to find this amd asrock taichi anywhere near dead in the water

in fact its very much alive in every way
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 2:48am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

considering ive been using fcu for what may be over two weeks now

im yet to find this amd asrock taichi anywhere near dead in the water

in fact its very much alive in every way

Don't want to hijack the thread but some simple Googling shows that it's either hit or miss for Ryzen owners and 1709. Not necessary a mobo issue, but maybe UEFI optimization would help.

And what about the rest of the things?
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 4:10am
As for Windows 10 1709, there are other reasons to stay away from 1709 for the moment.  I am usually a late adopter to things, so am staying on 1703 for the time being, unless a dumb update forces me (but I already played with updates via group policy editor).

To be honest, I don't think I have any real issues with the TaiChi / Ryzen 7 1700X combo.  It's certainly meeting or exceeding my expectations in being a solid and trustworthy platform and being my first build that makes me even more happy.

Sure, I haven't worked out how to sort out the voltages just yet, but I would expect that it's likely quite safe running at stock "Auto" settings, if for the fact that it maybe a few degrees warmer that possible with tinkering.  
A general lack of information outlining the detectable voltages from AMD is what is a little concerning.  However, on my old Core2Duo chip, I saw similar things to what I see here, Auto settings always but always safely over volt a chip when it runs flat out. When I say over-volt, I doubt that it really is as such.  Temporary higher than 'advised for overclocking' voltage?

I dunno...

I hope you get the issues you are having fixed.  Sorry I can't really be very helpful.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic