ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi short circuit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 6:20pm
it depends where he lives

im guessing by his typing it may be the uk ?

in which case he has very good protection as a buyer with the uk laws and the retailer is responsible in such a short timespan from purchase
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
rvaldez22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rvaldez22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:42pm
I lament to tell you that your proc might be demaged, the same issue happened to me, the mobo caugh on fire same area as well but middle regulartors fried, went back to retailer for new mobo exchange and this time i got an Asus mobo, well put the system back together and this time the the proc burned my 4 pin connector form my PSU, literally melted the plastic off, killing the new mobo that i now have to go back to retailer and see what they can do, the proc is def fried, this mobo killed my proc, my PSU AND the new mobo i got as a replacement! Posted the pics of the insident on tweeter and tagged assrock and never got a response, tried facebook never gor a response, so i am at lost here super frustrated and out of obtions, i HATE this manufacturer, custumer support is the WORST! If u wanna see the pics they are on tweeter, rvaldez22 on there as well.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by rvaldez22 rvaldez22 wrote:

I lament to tell you that your proc might be demaged, the same issue happened to me, the mobo caugh on fire same area as well but middle regulartors fried, went back to retailer for new mobo exchange and this time i got an Asus mobo, well put the system back together and this time the the proc burned my 4 pin connector form my PSU, literally melted the plastic off, killing the new mobo that i now have to go back to retailer and see what they can do, the proc is def fried, this mobo killed my proc, my PSU AND the new mobo i got as a replacement! Posted the pics of the insident on tweeter and tagged assrock and never got a response, tried facebook never gor a response, so i am at lost here super frustrated and out of obtions, i HATE this manufacturer, custumer support is the WORST! If u wanna see the pics they are on tweeter, rvaldez22 on there as well.

I feel your pain! That's tons of money down the drain! Not to mention the nerves you burned in the process...

I also share your hatred towards this very manufacturer!Big smile

Luckily for you, you're in the US. I gather there is very good consumer protection in place, so maybe you can wreck them badly.

1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
Deckard17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deckard17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm
@rvaldez22
That sounds really bad! Ouch
I'm still waiting for the replacement (motherboard) from my retailer. (hopefully next week)

At least I'm warned what could happen next, but of course I really hope, my cpu is not damaged.

zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:02am
Jokes aside, you might want to keep a fire extinguisher nearby. Fingers crossed you won't need it at all. Thumbs Up
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
Deckard17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deckard17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:43am
Just an update. 2 days ago I finally received a replacement motherboard (only the board was changed). As BIOS 1.50 was preinstalled, I guess, it was manufactured last autumn.
I built again my configuration, updated the BIOS and this time I could install and activate my Windows 10 successfully. As I have no apps installed, the computer was still in low performance mode. (Hope it will not explode when in the future the CPU will have to render some heavy 3D renderings...Smile)

I'm happy now and think this time, everything will work as designed.

But I lost one month for nothing...Angry

Edited by Deckard17 - 19 Jan 2018 at 5:03am
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Deckard17 Deckard17 wrote:

But I lost one month for nothing...Angry

You did lose 1 month, just not for nothing. There is always a moral to the story.

Thanks for the follow-up, glad everything turned out OK for you!
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:41pm
Same here, glad to here all is well.
Deckard17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deckard17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:29am
Board and system still runs like a charm. I've now installed most of my programs and using the system daily (still not under heavy load, but at least in a normal way).
I'm really happy now and like the horse power.

Cinebench shows me 2959 cb (previous some year old computer with Intel Xeon E31230 only 579!!)
Or something from the real world: a very simple test render scene with 800x600 pixel took in Cinema 4D with my old system 1:49 min.
The same scene will be rendered with my new system in 18 seconds! For me, that's a huge difference. Approve
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:15am
well its a shame you had the initial issue

but WE thank you for coming back to update the thread

glad your enjoying the returns on your investment ,may it serve you well friend
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic