ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Fatal1ty gaming i7 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strelok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Fatal1ty gaming i7 problem
    Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 5:10pm
Hello,
i have the following problem.
When I turn off the PC, all the peripherals are not turned off, some remain active and I have to manually unplug the power supply, then everything goes off.
Then when I turn the power supply back on, the peripheral devices do not switch on again until the next reboot (via button), and this is ok.
In practice, the system leaves power to the fans (which continue to run), to the pump (Aio) of the processor and to the graphics card; it regularly switches off the mouse, the keyboard, the various LEDs, and the hard disks.
Of course I tried to enable or disable the various energy savings in both windows and Uefi, but nothing has changed.
I have the latest version of the Uefi 1.20
Do you have any solution that I can try?
Thank you

My system
Asrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming i7
Aio Corsair H115i
32gb gskill trident z rgb 3600mhz
Msi 1080ti x trio
Windows 10 64bit
AwesomePizza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomePizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:38pm
This is happening to me as well. Same CPU and RAM as well. The computer shuts down the hard drive, but the board, memory, and fans all stay on. It worked right when I transferred over my a clone of my hard drive from the old computer.

I keep reinstalling Windows and after a few boots it begins to crap out. Task Manager also seems to stall whenever I close it. And the wireless has yet to work.
Strelok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strelok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by AwesomePizza AwesomePizza wrote:

This is happening to me as well. Same CPU and RAM as well. The computer shuts down the hard drive, but the board, memory, and fans all stay on. It worked right when I transferred over my a clone of my hard drive from the old computer.

I keep reinstalling Windows and after a few boots it begins to crap out. Task Manager also seems to stall whenever I close it. And the wireless has yet to work.

Fortunately, everything works well for me. I only have this problem.
We hope that some of the Asrock Gurus will help us.Wink
Strelok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strelok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 4:10pm
Can someone help us?
I do not think we are the only ones to have this problem.  Sleepy
robe36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robe36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:17pm
Same issue here and yet to hear from ASROCK on email sent.

When I called and talked to tech on shutdown issue he said it was a mb or power supply issue and try resetting board by jumper and pulling cmos battery for 10 minutes.  

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
CPU - I7-8700K
Mem - Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3600C18
NVMe - Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB
and other drives.

I have CPU clocked at 4.5GHz  MEM set to XMP Profile 1 _3600MHz

If I reset BIOS to default with CPU @ 3.7GHz and mem at 2733 the system will shut down.  If I clock the mem at 3600 (rated for) I get PC lockups.  If I overclock the cpu to the first setting of 4.5GHz everything seems to work fine until it is shut off.  (which fans, cooler, mb lights etc keeps running)  I think when I tried to overclock higher system didn't post or had system lock up, but don't recall the details.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic