ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dram voltage and C6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaveNoName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dram voltage and C6
    Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 11:59am
Hello.
My dram voltage has been set to 1.35v by the xmp profile but it reads 1.25 both on BIOS and on windows https://imgur.com/a/iQFX4 . Is there an explanation for that?

Also i have disabled C6 on BIOS but on windows recourse monitor i see my cpu's cores as parked. So are they parked or not?

Finally will there be a BIOS update to allow sleeping with SMT disabled?

Thanks.

MB: FATAL1TY X370 GAMING X
CPU: RYZEN 5 1600
DDR4: TRIDENTZ F4-3200C16D-16GTZB
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by HaveNoName HaveNoName wrote:

Hello.
My dram voltage has been set to 1.35v by the xmp profile but it reads 1.25 both on BIOS and on windows https://imgur.com/a/iQFX4 . Is there an explanation for that?

Also i have disabled C6 on BIOS but on windows recourse monitor i see my cpu's cores as parked. So are they parked or not?

Finally will there be a BIOS update to allow sleeping with SMT disabled?

Thanks.

MB: FATAL1TY X370 GAMING X
CPU: RYZEN 5 1600
DDR4: TRIDENTZ F4-3200C16D-16GTZB

If you check the H/W Monitor screen in the UEFI/BIOS for the DRAM voltage, what do you see there?

With your memory are 2933, I doubt the DRAM voltage is 1.25V. Ryzen Master cannot display my memory speed correctly, so another bug would not surprise me.

What Windows Power Plan are you using? AMD recommends the Ryzen Balanced or Windows High Performance. Using Windows 10? You have Cool n Quiet enabled, right?

What is indicating any CPU cores are parked in Resource Monitor? Do your cores constantly stay at 1.5GHz?

The Windows Sleep and SMT issue is between AMD and Microsoft, mainly AMD. AMD is the best source of information about that. They might have it fixed in AGESA 1.0.0.7, but only AMD knows that.
HaveNoName View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaveNoName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 7:01pm
[URL=][/URL]Yes on H/W monitor on BIOS and EVERYWHERE else it reads 1.25v.

I usually use balanced or high performance if the cpu speed throttles in game but i can't really see a difference and neither the benchmarks do.
I use windows 10 and i have cool n quite enabled.

What indicates that cpu cores are parked at the resource monitor is that it writes "parked" right next to the cpu core graph.

P.S. When you change speed at ryzen master do you also correct the voltage of your DRAM?

Thanks.

Edited by HaveNoName - 26 Dec 2017 at 7:01pm
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 8:59pm
hi, ive had similar issue when my board was shiny new (fatal1ty x370 gaming X) it came with 1.0 bios, after updating it to 3.30 it had same bug with ddr voltages...bios/3rd party tools were showig 1.25v
instead of 1.35....so at that poit i had to use 1.45v in bios to have real 1.35volts...
tho about week later it got fixed either on its own (as i did no other bios updates) or it got resolved with cmos clear...really no sure how it got fixed, but in case it cant be fixed on its own...just put higher vddr voltage....u can go to 1.5v without any worry, but try to use less stable volts as possible (better for overheating)
HaveNoName View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaveNoName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 11:51pm
@kerberos_20 thx for sharing. I guess it doesn't matters as long as it's stable I'm gonna leave it this way. Just another bug in the LONG list this MB has. If that and the rest of them won't get fixed (cpu loop on bios, cpu clock fixed when set manual,ps/2 keyboard needs to be repluged when endering bios with del key etc) that's the last asrock I'm having.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic