ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 Won't run 1070ti off 1X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris46319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110 Won't run 1070ti off 1X
    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:37pm
Currently running a 1070ti on the 16X and it works fine. I had another 1070ti on a 1X with a Mint Cell Ver 007 riser. Only one fan ran. It never got hot so I assumed it was supposed to only run one fan until or if it got hot enough. System with both cards ran well for about a week then crashed. Upon restart, Windows will no longer recognize the 2nd 1070ti. Also, the fan will attempt to run but it won't fully fire up. GPU lights up fine. I switched out risers, pcie 1x boards, and USB cables several times with no luck. I also swapped out GPU's in the 16X slot.

Power supply is more than capable (XFX Pro 1000W) and the rails are relatively balanced. Running Win 10. All power cables are installed including the 2 molex cables on the MOBO. When both GPU's were running the whole system was only pulling about 300 watts.

What's the deal? Could I have 6 bad risers? I know they go bad from time to time but this seems odd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic