ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350Pro4 boots after shutdown butnot after reboot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350Pro4 boots after shutdown butnot after reboot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vazma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350Pro4 boots after shutdown butnot after reboot
    Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:28am
Hi,

I have a pc with:
  • ASRock AB350M Pro4 P4.30
  • Ryzen 5 1600 and 
  • 2x8GB Crucial DDR4 2400MHz CL16 Ballistix Sport
  • Nvidia EVGA GTX950
  • Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB (MZ-V6E250BW)
  • Corsair RM650x 
I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 (UEFI) and when I am rebooting the machine it stuck with black screen during the booting. I cant even see the BIOS screen.

I can boot only after a shutdown by waiting a few seconds before press the power button to boot up.

Its a new setup with a clean OS. 

Thank you all,

vazma

Edited by vazma - 24 Jan 2018 at 6:51am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:18am
well im a bit stumped
usually the issue is reversed

eg warm boot ok, cold boot sometimes fails

have you tried to narrow down what may be causing it

example will it reboot out of bios and back into bios ?

this may well show if the operating system is causing an issue
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
vazma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vazma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:09am
Hi,

Well I tried to remove the motherboard from the chassis to ensure that there is any short-circuit, I switched motherboard slots and I removed also all the harddisks just to boot in UEFI 

I will write down here some notes while I am diagnosing and testing the motherboard[Update Frequently]:

It can do up to 2 successful consecutive reboots after a hard shutdown (boot-> UEFI->reboot-> UEFI->reboot->dark screen) Then it needs to hard-boot (power off remove cable wait and boot) in order to log in UEFI.

Weird thing: While I enabled the option to Beep during boot It never beeps. (I hope is not a case issue)

Tried to change Freq of the memory to 2133 MHz but didnt help.

Question: Is it normal that the usb devices leds are ON (lights open i.e usb-sticks, mouse) while the PC is in OFF state? 

Also I have to mention that when I was running OS system (Ubuntu 16.04) I had very often freezes and I had to hard shutdown to recover. The system was quite new so you should consider it as clean installation (> month)

Cheers,

Vasilis

Edited by vazma - 24 Jan 2018 at 6:49am
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:18am
in that case try to set 2133 mhz on ram and see if that helps
vazma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vazma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

in that case try to set 2133 mhz on ram and see if that helps

I tried and still nothing.. Cry
vazma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vazma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:02am
Another update that i changed graphics card and now is able to reboot more often but sometimes fails to reboot as before. Shall i consider it as graphics card issue?
vazma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vazma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 5:11pm
Eventually I sent it back and they gave me a new one. Now everything is ok!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic