ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z370 Extreme4 fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vingolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vingolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z370 Extreme4 fans
    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:13pm
Dear support,
Is it true that only 2 of 5 4-pin fan connectors support PWM on z370 Extreme 4 ?
The rest of 4 pin connectors work as regular 3 pin connectors?
With kind regards.
cchant00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cchant00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:02am
I have this same problem but was able to circumvent the issue by setting a custom fan profile
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 9:51am

Dear BrickColdsteel,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we would like to know which fan connector you?™re using and the fan are 3-pin or 4-pin.

Also, because you are using AIO water pump, water pump should connect to The CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan header, and set to water pump under BIOS.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

BrickColdsteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickColdsteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
z370 extreme 4
i7 8700k no overclock
evga 240mm AIO
case fans and radiator fans spin at 100% all the time. Set to silent profile in bios, used EVGA flow control to turn down fans. Still 100% rpm
temp is 35c for CPU and 40 in the case. I checked all the connectors and everything is where it shouild be as far as the manuel goes. 
Updated to current bios p1.30 and I cant think of anything else to try. Anyone else ahve this problem? Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic