ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Audio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddasilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Audio
    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:33pm
Hello,

I've recently built a new PC using the ASRock B350 ITX Fatility motherboard.   Unfortunately, Windows 10 is unable to see the realtek sound card and audio ports.   I am unable to hear any sound.

The HDMI audio ports are the only playback devices.   I've tried installing the Realtek Audio drivers on the ASrock website and Realtek website.  The audio issues persist despite plugging in my headphones and speakers.   I've confirmed that onboard audio is enabled under the Southbridge BIOS as well as HD for the front ports too.   

Do I have a DOA motherboard?

D
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:37am
ddasilva, with the information posted, it is almost impossible to speculate.  Please post all your specifications in you signature as I have.  There is a UEFI/BIOS setting enabling HD.  I think it is in the Advanced section of the UEFI.  Boot into UEFI and see if you can find it.  Even if not, please hit F9 and F10 and let us know if that helped.  I will look in my UEFI later and post a screenshot later.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
ddasilva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddasilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:21am
Thanks for your response John.   I see onboard audio enabled and the setting is HD (not AC97).
System stats below:

ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
AMD Ryzen 1500x
1TB SATA HD
EVGA 710 Video card (1TB)
450W PS
BIOS 3.60
2x 4GB DDR2400 RAM

Edited by ddasilva - 30 Jan 2018 at 2:21am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:48am
Thanks ddasilva, that's is what I was talking about.  Did you try both settings a do an F9 plus F10?  450 Watt power supply is somewhat low but should be OK.  If still no joy, I suggest you contact ASRock support concerning an RMA.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 4:19am
Originally posted by ddasilva ddasilva wrote:

Thanks for your response John.   I see onboard audio enabled and the setting is HD (not AC97).
System stats below:

ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
AMD Ryzen 1500x
1TB SATA HD
EVGA 710 Video card (1TB)
450W PS
BIOS 3.60
2x 4GB DDR2400 RAM

Enabled. BUT is it set as Default?

IIRC, you want AC97 Enable as Default for 3.5mm headphones.

You saying HDMI means it, Default, is currently the graphics cards audio, not the MB's. ie: "The HDMI audio ports are the only playback devices."

This a Windows Audio Control Panel option. Playback Devices tab IIRC is what you're looking for.

ddasilva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddasilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 5:57am
Thanks for the replies guys.   I upgraded my UEFI to v4.40 and the issue persists.   Under Windows Sound, I see two playback devices, both HDMI and unplugged.  I do not see any Realtek devices. 

I also checked UEFI and Onboard Audio is enabled and front panel is set to HD.   I am going to try Ubuntu Desktop.  If the issue persists then I am afraid it was a DOA motherboard.  

D
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:47am
In Device Manager is there any devices with the infamous ! mark?

Odd. You see two HDMI Audio devices huh? Shouldn't. Not HDMI Outputs.

Would I be right in thinking you swapped a previous Windows install onto this new MB?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic