ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AsBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi problem
    Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:11am
SOLVED: I updated the bios through the Global download, my issue seemed to be no updated bios. HOWEVER: The EU downloads for 3.20 seemed a bit dodgy, first it gave me flash fail then it didn't want to update, use global bios download since it seemed to work better with no problems.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 6:05am
Originally posted by AsBread AsBread wrote:

Update:
After redoing the ram memory A2/B2 test, one of the ram sticks in A2 and B2 slot gives 1f error instead of the 01 code. CMOS battery taken out, to no avail. Im starting to think it's one of the memory modules that might also be causing the problem. Will post again with replies from both Kingston and asrock. Till then the pc only boots in with two sticks simultaneously in A1 and 2 slots.

1f and 01 are memory related.
http://asrock.com/support/faq.us.asp?id=334

Check that Kingston you have is compatible.
AsBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 3:59am
It no longer boots in A1/A2 configuration, booted once to never boot again.
AsBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 3:54am
Response from ASROCK;
"Hello,

First please use the clearCMOS jumper to reset the CMOS:

-              Switch off power first

-              Press power button to discharge

-              Move the clrCMOS jumper from pins 1&2 to pins 2&3

-              Wait around 10 seconds

-              Put the jumper back to pins 1&2

-              Switch on power and start the system. The system might restart automatically a few times. Please give it 2 or 3 minutes.

Please test each of the modules individually in slot A2.

Test each of the modules individually in slot A1.

Test each of the modules individually in slot B2.

Test each of the modules individually in slot B2.

Every time just check if the system boots or not. If no storage device is connected then it should boot into BIOS setup automatically. That can speed up the testing.

This way you can easily check if the problem is related to a specific module, or to 1 or 2 specific slots.

If it is related to 1 or 2 specific slots then it should be either a faulty CPU or a faulty motherboard. The only way to make sure is by testing with another CPU or motherboard."

Done everything above yet no boot. Responded to them hoping to get more information regarding 1f and 01 code.
AsBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 2:48am
Update:
After redoing the ram memory A2/B2 test, one of the ram sticks in A2 and B2 slot gives 1f error instead of the 01 code. CMOS battery taken out, to no avail. Im starting to think it's one of the memory modules that might also be causing the problem. Will post again with replies from both Kingston and asrock. Till then the pc only boots in with two sticks simultaneously in A1 and 2 slots.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Erasmus_Tycho Erasmus_Tycho wrote:

Sounds like a board problem... def RMA it.

If you do go that route, before boxing the board up for shpment look for bent or missing/broken pins on the processor first. Might save you the MB turnaround time.
Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 1:18pm
Sounds like a board problem... def RMA it.
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
AsBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:33am
I will contact asrock and Kingston on the issue, I'll let you guys know tomorrow and will try to clear the CMOS battery.

Thanks for your help, I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for 2 days now and I haven't seen anyone that had issues regarding the 01 code.

Thanks for your help and I will inform you once I made more progress.
AsBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:28am
It doesn't boot with any of the memory in A2/B2, however it only boots in A1/a2 configuration. I would imagine it's more of a motherboard fault as it detects both ram at 2400mhz on those slots and ram seems to be running fine.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:17am
AsBread, I suspect probably board but could be memory.  Please try one stick in each socket, then the other stick in each socket.  Does one boot or both?  Does Windows (10?) see the memory?  I think you will see a pattern that you can use to contact ASRock or Kingston.  Please let us hear what you learn.  Here are the Debug codes: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017
Don't really know what 01 means.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic