ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X399 Taichi - Only cha_fan2 can control 3-pin fans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi - Only cha_fan2 can control 3-pin fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi - Only cha_fan2 can control 3-pin fans
    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:02am
Hi,

I have a X399 Taichi mobo and 4 chassis fans to cool my case. All of them are 3-pin. I just installed A-tuner to try and tune their speeds in the "FAN-Tastic Tuning" tab.

The first problem I encountered is that only cha_fan2 fan header can control the fan speeds and all other fan headers (cha_fan1, cha_fan3, cpu_opt) are running my fans at full speed no matter what I do in the graph. Why is that? I tried 3 different fan models (all of them Fractal Design) and the result is the same - can't control their speed on headers different than cha_fan2.

The other problem is that I don't get any RPM reading at cha_fan2, it says "0" in BIOS, A-Tuning and HWMonitor. All other fan headers report the speeds fine.

How can I resolve these issues? Thanks in advance! Smile
orionbg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orionbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:17pm
I have a similar issue but I'm using 4 pin fans. The CPU_FAN1 and CHA_FAN3 headers are controlling the speed without issue but CHA_FAN2 (bottom one next to the RGB header) Is running at full speed all the time...
No matter what I set in the BIOS of in that excuse of a program A-Tuning...
Asrock X399 Taichi, AMD Threadripper 1950X, 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200MHz,
256GB Samsung PM961 nvme, 512GB Samcung 850 EVO, 512GB Intel 5400S,
GTX1080Ti FE, Lian-Li PC-O11WGX case, Custom W.Loop
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic