ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi won't boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Maplicito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi won't boot
    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by free-eagle free-eagle wrote:

Just make a Bios Update to the actual Version. You have a SATA M2 SSD and there ist a Problem with the some Bios Version.
You can install the Bios with a Fat32 formatted USB Stick and Pressing the Button on the Backside of the MB. Refer to the Manual.

This was the answer - RAM's fine, everything else is fine.  The computer is a massive tower in an awkward place to get to the back, so I just pulled the M.2 drive, booted into the BIOS, and updated from there - reinstalled the M.2 drive, and everything is working.  Now, I just have to get through work on 4 hours of sleep, and I'll install Windows when I get home.  Thanks a lot!
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 9:52pm
dr debug loop with "de ad" and few random others alongside it is always RAM, nothing else
try to insert you ram sticks according to manuals a2/b2 + c2/d2
if that still wont work, then u will need different RAM modules

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:32pm
What exactly do you see when trying to boot?
free-eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free-eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:00pm
Just make a Bios Update to the actual Version. You have a SATA M2 SSD and there ist a Problem with the some Bios Version.
You can install the Bios with a Fat32 formatted USB Stick and Pressing the Button on the Backside of the MB. Refer to the Manual.
X399 Taichi (Bios 2.0), TR 1920X, 32 GB GSKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZSW, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (RAID 0),Crucial 1 TB SSD, 2x 4TB Seagate HDD (RAID 1), Zotac 1080TI AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Pro (1709)
Maplicito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:30pm
I have not been able to get my 1950x to boot on my X399 Taichi board.  I have tried booting with only 1 or 2 RAM sticks, but get the same result.  I have tried clearing the CMOS several times.  I am getting a string of codes:  de ad 21 13 34 - this string of codes repeats over and over.  I get no output on my monitor.  Where should I start looking next?  I have verified that all PSU cables are plugged in, including the PCIe power cable to my video card.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - I may not be able to respond quickly to questions, but I'll monitor this thread as I'm able.  Thank you!

Ah - system is as follows:

1950x
X399 Taichi
Corsair CT4K8G4DFD8213 kit (4x8 GB) - although I'm not running all the sticks at the moment.
Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 drive
WD 4TB Gold hard drive.
RX 560 4GB video card
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic