ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370M-ITX/AC, 3 monitors no post screen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370M-ITX/AC, 3 monitors no post screen.
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 7:22am
1st ASRock motherboard and new build in a long time. 
    Z370-ITX/AC 
    Intel i5-8400
    G.Skill F4300015D-16GRBB 
    Samsung 950 Pro M.2

Now I bought this board for the triple monitor support, I do not run games or OC so it's just a light video editor system. I have 2 Dell U2412Ms and an HP ZR2440w monitors hooked up, 1 Dell display port to display port, 2 Dell display port to HDMI, and HP HDMI to HDMI. 

All work except I can't get the boot logo to display and I can't get into the bios settings, windows will boot fine and all 3 work like they should. Unplug any 1 of them and it works. Pulled board and bench tested to make sure nothing was shorting and same issue. Doesn't matter which monitor combination, with all 3 plugged in no post screen. Tried different cables with no luck, updated bios to 1.8, reset bios with jumper and battery pull, reset all defaults with same results.  

badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:01am
Try this: Totally shut down the computer. Start back up and keep tapping the F2 key, you should be able to get into BIOS.
Go into BIOS settings and tdisable Fast Boot and turn on Full Screen Logo. Save and Exit.

Edit: If that does not work go to Asrock website and get the "Restart to UEFI" under Downloads and run it.  Then go to BIOS Boot settings and disable Fast Boot and turn on Full Screen Logo.

Edited by badbri - 26 Feb 2018 at 9:19am
gottria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:14am
Couldn't get into the bios with the 3rd monitor attached, all monitors just stay in sleep mode. I unplugged one of the displays and booted into bios just to check settings and quick boot is disabled and full screen logo is on. This one has me stumped 
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:31am
Go back into BIOS to Boot settings, enter 4 (number four) into the Setup Prompt Timeout box.
Save and Exit. That should force the logo to display for 4 seconds.

Edit: typo

Edited by badbri - 26 Feb 2018 at 9:32am
gottria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:43am
Now the monitors sit in sleep more for 4 seconds longer. No boot screen or access to bios. I actually think the bios loads in a F2 but I can't see it because my monitors won't wake up.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:01am
Sorry that it didnt work. Weird that with 2 monitors they wake up but with 3 monitors they do not wake until in Windows.
You might want to try an addon video card for one monitor, maybe then it will work.
gottria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:04am
Tried that also and it works.  I have to exchange this board anyway as SATA port 0 doesn't work so I will be curious if I have this same problem with the replacement board. If I do, I'll look at other Z370 itx boards that support 3 monitors. 

But thanks for your time!!

Edited by gottria - 26 Feb 2018 at 10:04am
gottria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 1:34pm
Well installed a Gigabyte Z370 board and it behaves the exact same way. So I have a cable issue, Monitor issue, Bios issue, or the Z370 doesn't support triple monitors on post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic