ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will ASRock Support Be Able To Help Me RE: Ryzen 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will ASRock Support Be Able To Help Me RE: Ryzen 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will ASRock Support Be Able To Help Me RE: Ryzen 5
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:14pm
Hello all,

I just recently built a PC using the ASRock AB350 AM4 Pro with the newish Ryzen 5 2400G APU. I ordered from Amazon and received a board that has BIOS P3.30 on it. Since this is my first PC, I don't have a compatible CPU to update them myself. I know about AMD's program for boot kits, but I was wondering if ASRock Tech Support would be able to help me. I emailed them on Friday (no response as of now, but it is the weekend), but I'm wondering if they'll just direct me to AMD's boot kit loaner program, or is there something they can do (sending a new board in exchange for the other or updating the BIOS for me)? Or would it be faster to rely on AMD?

Thanks
cubebucket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:56pm
AMD should send you a compatible cpu for free, that will have to be returned, for free. Check the AMD website :)
Asrock fatal1ty AB350I wifi mini itx - ryzen 3 2200g - 8GB DDR 4 ballistix sport 2666mhz (BLS8G4D26BFSC) - adata 120gb SSD 580 - 550w Gold plus - thermaltake core V1 - Windows 10 home - Bios 4.51a
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:02pm
If you want it done fast, check with a local repair store and see if they can flash it for you, it may cost you a little but if speed is of import it should be worth it.
ZeroMaverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:43am
Went through the beginning process for an AMD boot kit. They're currently reviewing my claim. I wish As Rock would have responded to me, though. A bit weird they didn't. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic