ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3 2200G & AB350 Gaming ITX (No Post)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 3 2200G & AB350 Gaming ITX (No Post)
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:36am
Sorry if this has been posted but I have a little gamer with a birthday this weekend and I am on my 2nd MOBO for this build - this bios ordeal is an absolute joke. 

The box for this MOBO came with a "AMD RYZEN DESKTOP 2000 READY" sticker. Put it together and wired it up and no POST. Monitor just states the is no VGA connected. I called ASROCK tech support in CA and the guy stated this chip should work with this mobo - no bios update needed.

Is that the case? Something is telling me hes wrong but for I am hoping for the best. 

Any ideas?
tryan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:53am
There was no sticker on this bios chip
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 10:31am
Then, knowing it was removed, AND it has the "2000 Ready" box sticker, it is ready for the 2000 series out of the box.
tryan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Then, knowing it was removed, AND it has the "2000 Ready" box sticker, it is ready for the 2000 series out of the box.

Knowing what was removed? The sticker on the bios chip? I honestly dont know what that would mean if the sticker was removed. This is the second mobo I have tried with this chip - the first being GBAB350N which was known not to have the bios ready. 

Some of the reviews on NEWEGG are stating the same issue even though it states its 2000 ready

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157780&cm_re=asrock_itx_fatality-_-13-157-780-_-Product

tryan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:26am
Is it possible that the RAM i am using isnt compatible?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313769&cm_re=team_vulcan_memory-_-20-313-769-_-Product

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:36am
One of the most common causes we see of the "no display" issue is HDMI cables. Have you tried other display outputs and cables? I have found using an HDMI to DVI adapter then connecting to a DVI monitor works 99 times out of 100. Also, use short HDMI cables, longer ones are prone to signal degradation. With a discrete GPU it usually isn't an issue but the signal processors on motherboards tend not to be as powerful as discrete solutions (cost).  

Sometimes it really is that simple, hopefully this is your problem. 

As for your RAM, it isn't in the memory QVL so it could theoretically be the issue. If the display cables turn out to be a bust then I would look there. 

Good luck and let us know what happens.
PaperMonsters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaperMonsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 11:31pm
Tryan77 
I just finished my first build (for my daughter) and it appears to be the exact same build that you are attempting.

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Team T-Force Vulcan 8GB (2x4GB) 288-pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) [Red :)]

I can confirm that the memory is working and I had no issues with this build out of the box (which did have the sticker for compatibility)
I hope this at least eliminates some things in your troubleshooting.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 11:58pm
Thanks PaperMonsters, that is very helpful to know. RAM compatibility is a concern with Ryzen based systems so knowing a model works is very useful when troubleshooting.

Any luck tryan77?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic