ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

j4105 doesn't have Legacy BIOS (CSM) mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shurov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: j4105 doesn't have Legacy BIOS (CSM) mode
    Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 5:08am
I can see in user manual that this option should be present, but I don't have it...
My config:
  • j4105 itself
  • Crucial DDR4 2400 4gb 
  • Seagate IronWolf 4tb
  • PSU beQuiet 400W
  • HDMI-connected TV
  • USB-connected keyboard
Because of this, I cannot install OMV - actually this is my main problem. I tried to use both partition tables: MBR and GPT for my pendrive (SanDisk USB3 16gb). I've tried to decrease partition size up to 4gb. No success. Meanwhile unRAID is booting from it. So I suppose pendrive itself being USB3 16gb is not a problem (I've read somewhere that this may cause problems).

Edited by Shurov - 16 Mar 2018 at 5:10am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 1:21pm
OMV uses a Debian installer so no reason either Legacy or EFI would present this.

Back when I had fiddled with OMV even then they warned you not to install it onto a pen drive but instead to a small SSD or HDD.

nightmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 12:39am
Hi,
i also have the j4105B version and would like to use a LSI MegRaid 9260-8i Raid Controller in it.

Unfortunately i cannot enable the Legacy Bios mode - there is no setting for this in the bios. Therefore I cannot configure the controller using the controllers "WebBios".

If I Plugin the RaidController into to PCIExpress port I can see the controller under the advanced settings of the UEFI Bios. Trying to enter any configuration menu of that controller in the UEFI bios hangs the uefi bios. The mouse is moving, but the bios itself is not reacting to clicks.A reset via ctrl+alt+shift is possible though.

Any help/idea how I could configure that raid controller?
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 6:51am

With the Z370 Gaming K6 The visibility of the CSM module is controlled by disable or enable fast boot. With fast boot enabled the CSM module is removed from the page. This is on the "Boot" page.
nightmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 5:17am
Hi, sorry for the delay.
Unfortunately this does not apply to j4105. If i disable "fast boot", i cannot see any new item / "CSM"
denywinarto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denywinarto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 1:54pm
I just bought the same board, please fix this asrock, i cant pxe boot because of it.. anyone has successfully pxe boot with this board?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic