ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello ASRock Forums!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello ASRock Forums!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:20am
This is great! I'm building a new computer and I started by trying an ASUS Z170A Pro Gaming motherboard which it turned out didn't support my PNY GTX970s because they use a mini DisplayPort outlet for my G-sync monitor. ASUS's support for their product was essentially non-existent so I sent it back. When I started looking for another brand the most recommended was ASRock so I've ordered the Gaming K6. I got onto the ASRock webpage and found this forum and others so ASRock is already streets ahead of ASUS in my book. I would like to hear from anyone with advice for an ASRock noob about my motherboard, installing it, using the BIOS/UEFI and the community in general. Thanks, especially after the bad experience I had with ASUS I'm delighted to be here!
"I'm trying to thing but nothin' happens" Gerome 'Curly' Howard
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 4:30pm
Welcome to the forums!

If there are any specifics you would be interested in please don't hesitate to ask. For the most part the intel 100 series boards are not too common in the wild yet but most things will be similar to previous generation boards. I have had absolutely no problems with any of my ASRock boards, the UEFI can be a little unintuitive at times but most manufacturers are in the same boat so it's not really worth criticizing, that and there have been improvements made from one generation to the next.

My Z97 Extreme3 is a fantastic board and overclocks like a champ, I get about 200mhz more out of my CPU than I did on my B85 Anniversary.
ASRock_Official View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_Official Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 5:50pm
Glad to hear you like it :) 
Welcome to the forum!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic