ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB-C as display out with APU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gutzy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB-C as display out with APU
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:55am
[URL=][/URL]I'm in the market for an ITX motherboard to pair with a Ryzen 3 2200G APU.

I was interested in the Asrock AB350 Gaming ITX board with the intent of using its USB-C port to display out via use of a USB-C to Displayport cable.

Is this possible? Does the USB-C port on the MoBo support video out??

If yes, will freesync still work via this method?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gutzy_ - 19 Mar 2018 at 5:21am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:14am
Those are questions best asked of Tech Support.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

I don't expect many "here' will have an answer to them. And, I've never seen it asked nor discussed here either.

And........AB350N is a Gigabyte motherboard. Try there.

Gutzy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gutzy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:26am
Thanks for the response. I fixed the error in the motherboard title. It is indeed an ASROCK itx board.

I don't have a serial number for the board since I have yet to purchase one so I can't complete the tech support form .

Hopefully someone can assist as I have yet to find anything online.

Edited by Gutzy_ - 19 Mar 2018 at 5:27am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:39am
I'm gonna say No now knowing it is an ASRock.

If the USB ports support video out, they will be labeled with one of the two insignia's below.

or

The Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac's product pages, images of the I/O backplate, nor the manual makes mention of the capability. If it did in fact support it a manufacturer would have tooted their horn somewhere in saying it does.

I see you're location on my side. Call ASRock in California(PST) M-F Business Hours at 1-909-590-8308 and ask for a Tech.

Please. Post back here what they reply. I do not see it does, but ............

Gutzy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gutzy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:45am
Yea I researched it a bit more and indeed USB-C does not natively support display out unless explicitly stated on the port via a symbol or the product features description. 

I will contact them tomorrow to verify but I will keep expectations in check. 
Thanks for the help.
SF0614R18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF0614R18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Gutzy_ Gutzy_ wrote:

Yea I researched it a bit more and indeed USB-C does not natively support display out unless explicitly stated on the port via a symbol or the product features description.?

I will contact them tomorrow to verify but I will keep expectations in check.?
Thanks for the help.

Well did you contact them or what? Can I please get an update on this pressing matter. To be honest, I didn't know there was such thing as a contact at Asrock. And I'm really in a bind and need to know if my X370 Taichi can utilize a 3400G and Usb type C to deliver a signal to a dell 1440p monitor.
X370 Taichi (rev5.80)
Ryzen 3400G with Vega graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic