ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Left Ram not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pleasehelp:( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left Ram not working
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 12:29am
Hey guys,

first my specs:

processor: Intel G4560
Mainboard: ASRock H110M-DVS R3.0
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133 CL15 crucial (CT8G4DFD8213)
Graphics: Radeon RX480 
Power: 400 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 10

I updated my BIOS and i think i updated all drivers.

My problem is:

i have 2 RAM slots in this board. If i put any of my 2 RAMs in the left spot and leave the other spot open my PC is not starting. I am no expert, it sounds like something is going on and off. Its trying to start but cant get though any process. If a video would help, i could upload it.

if i put in both RAMS, the same problem occurs.

if i only use the right RAM slot, everything is fine and no issues at all.

So i browsed the www and i have read about the problem 2-3 times, but no one answered and no solution i could find.

Hope you guys can help me, thanks a lot!

Sorry for my bad english, second language.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 12:59am
When both RAM modules are installed are they both recognized by the system?

If you look in the users manual you will see that when only using one RAM module you are supposed to use a specific slot. If you install the RAM in the wrong slot then it may give the symptom you describe. Some boards will allow it, others will not, it depends on the generation/IMC. 

You only have a problem if you have installed both RAM modules and one is not working or if you are installing the RAM in the correct slot and that is not working.
pleasehelp:( View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pleasehelp:( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:12pm
Yes they are both recognized.

What do you mean, i can't even use the left RAM slot because my system wont start no matter what, could it be that i have to chance something in the BIOS?

No thats not the point, the RAMS are totally fine by themselves, its the board thats causing trouble.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:38pm
When using a single RAM module you are required to use slot B1, the slot furthest from the CPU (the right slot). This information should be in the user manual but for some reason is not for your particular board.

For single channel (1 RAM module) you need to install the RAM in slot B1. If both slots are occupied the system will run in Dual Channel mode. 

There is nothing wrong with your board, that is just how the RAM needs to be installed for a single stick. What you describe is perfectly normal behavior for your board. I hope this alleviates your concern. Enjoy your build Wink
pleasehelp:( View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pleasehelp:( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

When using a single RAM module you are required to use slot B1, the slot furthest from the CPU (the right slot). This information should be in the user manual but for some reason is not for your particular board.

For single channel (1 RAM module) you need to install the RAM in slot B1. If both slots are occupied the system will run in Dual Channel mode. 

There is nothing wrong with your board, that is just how the RAM needs to be installed for a single stick. What you describe is perfectly normal behavior for your board. I hope this alleviates your concern. Enjoy your build Wink

hey man thanks for the info, but i cant start the system when i put the second ram in slot A1, does i have to change anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic