ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem initializing drives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
smath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem initializing drives
    Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:49am
My system crashed while updating to Windows 10 1809. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now my RAID is not recognized. When I go to the BIOS the RAID is there, but Windows disk management doesn't see it. If I boot into ACHI mode the individual drives are recognized but when I switch back to RAID mode neither the drives nor the RAID appear.
Asrock X399, TR 1950X, 1080 TI, 64GB RAM, EVO 960 boot drive, 4x5TB SATA HDDs
smath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:01am
My motherboard is the X399 Taichi. I have 4 x 5TB 7200 rpm SATA HDDs in this box. Using the tool in the UEFI I set up a RAID 0 with 3 of the drives and that is working properly. However, I cannot get the machine to recognize the 4th drive. I would like to set that up as a simple volume.

All 4 drives show up in the UEFI.

I have tried initializing the 4th drive and I have tried setting it up as a single volume, but when I do that the computer won't boot (Windows 10 Pro). The 3-drive RAID drive shows up in the disk management tool, but the 4th drive does not show.

I have restarted a bunch of times and tried different options in the UEFI. What am I missing?

TIA
Asrock X399, TR 1950X, 1080 TI, 64GB RAM, EVO 960 boot drive, 4x5TB SATA HDDs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic