ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z270 Extreme 4 - Bios update 2.60 - Removed, why?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Extreme 4 - Bios update 2.60 - Removed, why?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlosHingel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Extreme 4 - Bios update 2.60 - Removed, why?
    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 1:23am
So, several days ago the bios update, version 2.60 was released for the first time in march 13(if i'm not mistaken about the exact day) for the z270 extreme 4 board, but a few days later, it was removed again! Then on march 22 it was added back again but again it was removed a day or few days later for the Z270 Extreme 4 board in the bios download page, in other words, here:

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Extreme4/index.asp#BIOS

I`m opening this thread because i already updated my motherboard bios to the 2.60 version in march 14(if i'm not mistaken), so i want to know why the 2.60 version is being removed and added again and again? And if i should be worried about this? since i installed the first version of the 2.60 update in march 14(if i'm not mistaken) and if\when the 2.60 update comes back, if i should update it again, although i already have the version 2.60?

I also want to know when this problem with the bios updates being posted and then removed will stop, since it's being happening since update 2.40.

Edited by CarlosHingel - 29 Mar 2018 at 1:26am
sciboot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sciboot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 3:19pm
It's resolved now check out that link its now at BIOS 2.70 and it added 2.Improve memory compatibility. as well as the original 1.Update Skylake CPU Microcode to revision C2 and Kabylake CPU Microcode to revision 84. (For CPU security update).
My XMP 3200 ram now works correctly so this update fixes the XMP problems so its worth an update. 

Edited by sciboot - 06 Apr 2018 at 3:23pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 5:04pm
It happens from time to time. Sometimes it's deliberate because issues were found (almost always with very specific hardware combinations). I have been told that all updates are thoroughly tested with a wide variety of hardware. You have to bare in mind though that there is no manufacturer that can afford to test with every possible configuration. So when a user reports a particular issue with a particular set of components and tech support is able to replicate it, they pull down the update to fix the issue. 

If your system is running stable and has no issues, don't worry about it. An update would not be pulled down for something trivial that you wouldn't notice. If you notice nothing then you are not effected by whatever issue the update was pulled down for. I would guess that RAM compatibility was broken with RAM that previously worked, that is one of the more common reasons for a take down. 

Hardware compatibility is one of the biggest causes of issues today with so many different specifications and variations. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic