ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro 4 Raid configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro 4 Raid configuration
    Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 8:47am
Does anyone know how to actually enter the raid configuration on this mobo, the prompt will not accept CTRL + R to enter the raid utility (ive also noticed multiple other things like ram not showing dual channel or drives being detected in the IO menus) though the drives due show under the boot menu configuration for the A1/A2 ports.

I can bench the dimms to see if dual channel is in effect in the OS but I cant configure my raid controller
 to reinstall windows since i moved the drives from an intel z77 platform to this and I doubt the raid controller is going to pick up on the configuration. I'm fairly certain I would have to edit the configuration on the drives for the new controller prior to moving them even if i wanted to plug n play into the new mobo.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm
In the manual, pg,6, you by chance don't have the array(2 disk?) connected to the ASMedia SATA ports numbered 11 and 12 do you?

Also, bi No No swapping drives from a different chipset, RAID no less. You know that, so .....
Solace50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 2:24pm
I can swap raid arrays to whatever if the expected configuration is present on the drives. i chose not to migrate my drives given the new win 10 build is out and I want to do a clean install. They are not on the AS media ports being A1 and A2

I cant enter the raid utility with raid enabled, that is a posting issue. It also tells me bios defaults have been loaded each boot and proceeds to boot normally ignoring the input.

Edited by Solace50 - 01 Apr 2018 at 2:29pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 3:21pm
TY for removing that "hardware raid' bit.

""(ive also noticed multiple other things like ram not showing dual channel or drives being detected in the IO menus) though the drives due show under the boot menu configuration for the A1/A2 ports.""

yet just now....

""They are not on the AS media ports being A1 and A2""

Wut?

Why are even worrying of RAID configs when the BIOS doesn't recognize Dual Channel?

Is the memory even in the correct two slots to begin with? Guessing not here........ as that would explain away your issues, plural.

Your hardware list, please.

Solace50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:12pm
I misread the inital reply at off hours,

A1/A2 are the sata ports that do not support raid within the bios, I probably could configure a raid at the OS level but that's not relevant nor the problem here, the controller is ASMedia ASM1061 or something similarly named for those two ports.

There is 4 dimms from the same dual channel kits installed 4x8gb running at stock settings. The mobo boots, it ignores input during the raid config post screen, I could still proceed to go load windows or whatever to a single drive off my boot media. I even put the dimms in parallel with one another for each channel in the rare event ddr4 has some oddball additional check to ensure same dimms are used.

ryzen 1800x, 32gb dual channel kits 4x8, ab350 pro4

I'm assuming its a UI issue in the current firmware that's just failing to display dual channel maybe given the drives plugged into A1/A2 are also not shown in storage settings but under boot options the drives are detected and could be booted from.
Solace50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:26pm
Forgot to mention all sata ports are loaded, 1/2 are 256 850 pro, A1/A2 are 128 850 pro with a intel 330 and 4tb toshiba

Solace50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:58pm
Clearing the BIOS with the cmos jumpers seem to have fixed the issue for the raid setup. Ill check in windows if the channels are single or dual with a benchmark and compare on a similar build.
Solace50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:18pm
I believe the issue stems from the reset defaults within the bios option as selecting that exhibits the same symptoms as before (though I never rebooted to check to see if it persisted) I aborted changes since im not in the mood to troubleshoot any further.
the bios is 4.7
Solace50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solace50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 10:43pm
Id also ask where the appropriate drivers are online for the raid disk, I believe I may have the wrong drivers copied to my USB. I do not have an Ethernet cable to extent to my router and the wireless NIC is not integrated and I doubt UFEI has support for that.

edit: nvm found the zip file

Edited by Solace50 - 04 Apr 2018 at 1:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic