ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B350 ITX Ryzen SB Cinema 3 - No Device error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waalknbos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B350 ITX Ryzen SB Cinema 3 - No Device error
    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:28am
Hello All:

Looking for a little help. I have the ASROCK B350 ITX with a 2400G // Win10 Pro - all has worked well until I loaded the latest Bios to address the Wifi issues - which did fix the wifi from dropping out.

I am now having issues with the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 software - when first installed it worked fine - I used all drivers from the ASRock site for this motherboard.

Now when I try to use the Sound Blaster Software I get a pop-up "The current selected audio device is disable, not present, not supported......." Click YES or NO --if you click YES second message appears "There is no supported audio device available". At which point the SoundBlaster Cinema Software launches with all functions greyed out.

I have uninstalled both the realtek and SB software and drives, which have not fixed the problem. Searched to web but not found a real resolution - Thanks for any help that will get this working again.

Thanks ....

UPDATE 29 April 2018:  Based on several prompt email I got from ASRock CS, I did a complete fresh reinstall of  Windows 10 Pro and also changed Bios from 4.51 BETA to 4.5 based on their advice.  After loading all the drivers I was able to get my SB Cinema 3 software working again.  But had the same issues with Intel WiFI dropping out.  This time I looked in DM and it seem like  Windows was reporting an issues with the INTEL drivers I DL from ASRock on my motherboard's support page.  I tried to reinstall again and was offered a pop-up box asking if I wanted to fix the Intel drives, clicked ok ... and it seem to fix my Wifi drop out issues.  Wifi has been stable for about 10 days now.  Thanks for the support here and also direct from ASRock CS.  Now we just need the improved amd agesa 1.0.0.1a and some more refinement to the Bios, which I sure is in the pipeline.

Edited by Waalknbos - 30 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm
Walknbos : ASRock B350 ITX / Ryzen 2400G APU/ 960 M.2 EVO / Mx500 SSD / INWIN Chopin Case / Noctua Cooler / Corsair K95 / MassDrop Vast Monitor
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 12:34pm
maybe your realtek driver changed? try to uninstall it and install again (asrock version)
Waalknbos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waalknbos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:38pm
Thanks for your reply. But yes I did a total uninstall via device manager and window uninstall of both the Realtek drivers and HD Audio manager software and SoundBlaster Cinema 3 software then rebooted. I then downloaded the drivers from the ASROCK B350 Gaming ITX Support/Download page. Still getting same Device not found message.

It just seems very strange, it all worked fine when I originally installed the motherboard, and now it doesn't
Walknbos : ASRock B350 ITX / Ryzen 2400G APU/ 960 M.2 EVO / Mx500 SSD / INWIN Chopin Case / Noctua Cooler / Corsair K95 / MassDrop Vast Monitor
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:01pm
This happened only after the BIOS update or did it happen before too?

The audio implementation on Cinema 3 enabled boards is no different than that found on non enabled boards. The difference is that ASRock has a licence to use the software for certain board models. The software looks for a key in the BIOS to determine if it is a supported system. It may be that the Beta to fix the wifi issues lacks this key. If this is the case, it will be restored with the next official update. 

I honestly don't use the software on any of my enabled boards, it's a bit too gimmicky for my tastes and I am not a multiplayer gamer so the boosted enemy sound thing is useless to me. 
Waalknbos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waalknbos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm
Xaltar:

Thanks for your reply - to answer your question yes after the change to Beta Bios - which is a must have, because my WIFI just plain didn't work, but works fine with the BETA Bios. Yea, just always wonder when something just stops working - I see that there is suppose to be a SB generated key - which I don't seem to have in the location my research said it would be. I'll just wait for next update: I basically had to update twice once I got the board. It came with the APU ready Bios, but didn't see my Samsung 960 EVO M.2 which was my boot drive. Once updated the M.2 worked fine, but then had the WIFI dropping issues, which were fixed with the BETA. I did open a ticket on the issue with ASROCK support just so they were aware. Came here hoping I just was doing something stupid and it was an easy fix.

Again thanks for input!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic