ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z370 Extreme4 Flashing Blue Lights with No POST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 Flashing Blue Lights with No POST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Astronomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Extreme4 Flashing Blue Lights with No POST
    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:20am
I have a Z370 Extreme4 and I assembled the build, but when I turn the PSU on, it just flashes blue lights and won't do anything else when I hit the power button. No fans, no nothing. I have the 24 pin ATX and 8 pin CPU connected. I tried with and without RAM. With and without the CPU cooler connected. I have an M2 drive connected and a fan controller. I disconnected the SATA SSD and the BluRay drive with no change. I reseated the connections with no change.

Here is the parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8Lyf8Y

Is my CPU DOA? I tested the PSU and it came back fine so I don't think it's that. Normally don't have issues but if my CPU is dead, that would be a first. Is there anything else I can check? Should I just return the CPU and get a replacement?

Edited by The Astronomer - 09 Apr 2018 at 9:20am
The Astronomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Astronomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:43am
Never mind this. I figured out the issue. I was using the wrong panel to power the machine. I re-read the manual and found the right one. I just derped this one.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:01am
LOL glad you figured it out. Was just about to ask if you had the front panel connected properly.
Nice build !

Edited by badbri - 09 Apr 2018 at 11:06am
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
ameya_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameya_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:24am
Hi could you elaborate on what problem you had? I am facing the exact same issue with the motherboard
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:36am
I think he connected the case front panel power button leads to the wrong pins. Very easy to do.
The red lines show where the power button should connect.
https://i.imgur.com/lyx5tha.jpg

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
ameya_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameya_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:21pm
Oh ok, this doesn't seem to be my problem though. I had the front panel powersw connected correctly including the pled + and - properly connected. Are there any other possibilities? I am considering to remove the motherboard from the case and trying it out while resting on a cardboard box or something. 
ameya_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameya_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:24pm
In my case there is a difference from the OP though. He mentioned he is getting this after hitting the power button, in my case, I am getting this as soon as I turn on the PSU or plug in the power cord to the mains.
biruja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biruja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:49am
I have the same problem. Blue lights flash when I plug in / turn on PSU. But the fan does not spin nor POST. What exactly did you do to fix this problem? 
ameya_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameya_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:18am
I don't know if that was exactly what solved the problem but I realized that I had a missing screw holder in the cabinet and I had still tried to fix a screw there. I think that the screw was touching the motherboard and in a non insulated manner was also touching the chassis which was causing the problem. I would recommend checking if you have attached the motherboard to the chassis correctly and also that you don't have any loose screws touching parts they shouldn't. From what I understand, not POSTing with flashing blue lights might mean that there is a problem in the electrical circuitry. I could be wrong of course. I had to remove the motherboard from the chassis and with the dark rock pro 3 that was a pain and a half but you might try that if all else fails.
biruja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biruja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 5:43am
Thank you. I discovered the answer from another post:  

Turning on the PSU will not power up the mobo, it will sit in standby mode until the front panel power button is pushed. Did you connect a small pushbutton switch to the proper system panel header pins ? 
Check your manual, it should be on page 21 (if the online pdf and your manual are the same).
I use an old reset button ripped from an old case just for that purpose.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8323&title=z370-extreme4-flashing-blue-lights-with-no-post  

This post nailed it. You must hook up the case power button to the motherboard. On the Extreme4, that means hooking up PLED+, PLED-, PWBRBTN#, and GND. As the previous poster said, this is described on p. 21 of the manual (my physical one.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic