ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Extreme4 No Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonConstantine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Extreme4 No Video
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:44am
I?™m getting no video upon start up from my Z270 Extreme4 mobo.
Lights from the mobo are on, all fans are running. Looks like it?™s trying to load BIOS B based on the light that?™s on.
I?™ve seen a lot of people have his issue and it?™s always something different that solves it.
So far I have:
Tried various RAM configurations
Unplugged my GPU from the board
Checked the CPU power in is connected
Unplugged the SATA connectors from storage
Basically everything I can think of

Setup is:
i7-7700k
EVGA G3 750W
G Skill 8GBx2 3200
Corsair H100i V2

Any help is great!!! Do I need a BIOS update for this RAM?

And don?™t give me the run around like everyone else because as I?™ve noted, it?™s been done.

badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:36pm
Did you breadboard test the motherboard, cpu and ram before mounting in the case ?
what do you mean by "Unplugged my GPU from the board" ?
You did not list your GPU (usually means add-on PCIe video card). Does the onboard video work ?

Edited by badbri - 15 Apr 2018 at 10:04pm
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
VonConstantine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonConstantine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:27pm
I did not breadboard before installing it into the case. Do I need to?
Yes it was connected to the PCIe. I didn?™t list the GPU because it?™s irrelevant, since it?™s not connected. I?™m using only the connections from the motherboard to test the video.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:43am
No you do not need to breadboard but many builders do it to make sure board, cpu and ram work proper before mounting in a case.
If you look down by the BIOS chips there is a two pin header just right of BIOS A1, is there a jumper on it ?
It sounds like the board has an issue and you should contact Asrock Tech support, usually BIOS B is only used if corruption happens with BIOS A or is switched/jumpered to run backup BIOS B.

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonConstantine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 6:52am
There is no jumper on the pins next to A1. Should there be?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonConstantine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 6:53am
Originally posted by badbri badbri wrote:

[URL=][/URL]No you do not need to breadboard but many builders do it to make sure board, cpu and ram work proper before mounting in a case.
If you look down by the BIOS chips there is a two pin header just right of BIOS A1, is there a jumper on it ?
It sounds like the board has an issue and you should contact Asrock Tech support, usually BIOS B is only used if corruption happens with BIOS A or is switched/jumpered to run backup BIOS B.

There is no jumper on the pins next to A1. Should there be?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:49am

Dear VonConstantine,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your question, there is no jumper next to the BIOS ROM chip.

Z270 Extreme4 has two BIOS ROM chip and will automatically back up BIOS B to BIOS A when BIOS A is corrupted.

We provide some suggestion to try.

1.     Clear CMOS to load BIOS default.

Please check user manual p20 to clear CMOS.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Z270%20Extreme4.pdf

2.     Please check power supply is plug properly and power supply switch is on.

3.     Only install CPU and one stick memory to check if the system can boot into BIOS properly.

4.     Please try to install one stick memory at A1, B1, A2 and B2 slot to check if the system can boot into BIOS properly.

5.     Reinstall CPU and check if CPU socket pin is fine.

6.     If it is possible, please change another CPU or DRAM to check if the system can boot into BIOS properly.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonConstantine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:40am
Update: Ordered new RAM: works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic