ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

4.xx Bios Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroSynk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4.xx Bios Issues
    Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:10am
Hello

I have the x370 Pro Gaming and I am having m.2 boot issues will all of the 4.xx bios, so 4.40, 4.41, 4.60, 4.61 and 4.70.

When I am on P3.30 everything works as it should.  When ever I update to a 4.xx bios my Samsung XP941 512GB m.2 is no longer bootable.  It is still detected in the storage configurations view however does not show up as a bootable device under the boot tab.

If I disable CSM it is no longer detected in any 4.xx bios.  I also had this issue when I was on the x370 Taichi.  I returned that board for this one thinking it may have been a board issue, but there is clearly something wrong with the Bios.

I have a 2700 I can't use because the board wont boot off the m.2.  I have to keep my 1700 in to use bios P3.30

Bellow is a link to a bunch of screenshots I took

Edited by ZeroSynk - 27 Apr 2018 at 9:19am
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:06am
Do you have any other drive you can test?
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:54am
Originally posted by ZeroSynk ZeroSynk wrote:

Hello

I have the x370 Pro Gaming and I am having m.2 boot issues will all of the 4.xx bios, so 4.40, 4.41, 4.60, 4.61 and 4.70.

When I am on P3.30 everything works as it should.  When ever I update to a 4.xx bios my Samsung XP941 512GB m.2 is no longer bootable.  It is still detected in the storage configurations view however does not show up as a bootable device under the boot tab.

If I disable CSM it is no longer detected in any 4.xx bios.  I also had this issue when I was on the x370 Taichi.  I returned that board for this one thinking it may have been a board issue, but there is clearly something wrong with the Bios.

I have a 2700 I can't use because the board wont boot off the m.2.  I have to keep my 1700 in to use bios P3.30

Bellow is a link to a bunch of screenshots I took

I'm assuming you used the bridge bios?
ZeroSynk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroSynk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by donalgodon donalgodon wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Do you have any other drive you can test?

Sadly I don't have another m.2 to test and bios 3.30 is the bridge bios for this board :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic