ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z370 Extreme4 Driver missing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z370 Extreme4 Driver missing.
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:27am
Why isn't there any USB drivers for this motherboard on the CD in auto run or website? 

My mouse isn't working properly, it feels slow, not quick and snappy like normal for gaming. 

And when I updated to the newer INF and sound drivers on the website, my aim in games was worse, the mouse felt slower. 

When I installed the motherboard for the first time, Windows updated the drivers on it's own and it felt better but still isn't quite on target when I move it, up and down speed is very slow, I could move it a tiny bit and the crosshair doesn't move but before on the z77 Extreme4 motherboard, it was working more fluidly.

I've had good luck with the last two motherboards, and I am glad there's no bugs in the bios version 1.80, everything works fine.  Will you guys be updating your website with USB drivers? 

Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:49am
Windows version? Mouse brand? 

USB drivers should be windows defaults. What you are looking for is mouse settings, specifically sensitivity settings.
Asrockuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:43pm
Windows 10 Pro x64 build 17134.48

Logitech G400s

I already adjusted the sensitivity and dpi and some other things but I've always seen usb drivers come from the manufacture.  And I was wondering if the issue lies with .netframework missing some update or perhaps the usb drivers.   Windows used to give  generic drivers which never worked well for me. So I'm wondering if that's the problem again.  The USB root  hub driver is provided by microsoft in device manager, not Asrock. As well as a Intel USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller, Generic USB Hub, Generic Superspeed USB Hub and USB Composite Device. 

Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz
GBreezy612 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBreezy612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:54am
My USB 3.0 is not working anymore. I tried everything on the internet to fix. I keep getting Generic Superspeed Hub and Code 43. I'm not having a good experience with this board. 
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:11pm
As Xaltar stated, Windows 10 includes USB drivers and there are no external Intel USB drivers that can directly be downloaded. Intel has not released any for Win10 except to Microsoft.
Have you tried removing the USB drivers from Device Manager and then let them be re-installed ?
.NET Framework 4.7.2 is the newest version and can be directly downloaded.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:06am
Yes I did try that uninstall/reinstall from device manager and no I didn't update .netframework yet because I'm scared, can I uninstall it and install the old version? After I reset the Windows 10x64, the mouse tracks when I move my hand now up slowly, it is possible it could have been the Logitech gaming software driver because I updated that after the windows 10 install.  I plugged my mouse into the USB 3.1 Gen 2 port and it feels quicker.  But I'm not full satisfied, I'll keep testing other methods.

I did see EVGA and Gigabyte have a USB 3.1 Driver on their website for a couple of Z370 motherboards which is why I was wondering why you guys don't have one too. 

On my Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard I had, the usb 3.0 port worked fine but now when I use my usb 3.1 gen 1 port for my mouse, it feels slower so is the 3.1 gen 2 port prioritized in some way over the others? I noticed the 3.0 ports on the old mobo were better compared to the 2.0 for the mouse as well. 
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:03am
On your new board the USB Gen 2 ports (Type-A + Type-C) are from the Asmedia chip, not the Intel PCH. The USB3.1 drivers on EVGA site are for Asmedia but are also included in Windows 10. From the Asmedia website: The Asmedia 3142 chip has "in box driver for Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and various Linux kernels". Meaning built in drivers in those OS.
http://www.asmedia.com.tw/eng/e_show_products.php?cate_index=175&item=179
That is why Asrock does not have separate drivers since the board is designed for Windows 10 which has the proper drivers. You could always try the ones from EVGA but do not think they will help.
FWIW: Trying to make special 5+ year old tech (your mouse) work on newer tech always has some drawbacks but can be done, sometimes with limitations, but can be done :D
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:07pm
Can you guys do something about the updated sound drivers for this board on your website? Everytime I install them, I reboot and it tries to install themselves again and I don't see the realtek control panel in the control panel anymore. Why did Asrock update the drivers in the first place?
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic