ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need BIOS support display card in m.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supermilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need BIOS support display card in m.2
    Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:59pm
I bought a X299E-ITX/AC motherboard. And I need put a 10G pci-e netcards in the pci-e x16 slots. However, I have no slots for my display card. I try to use a M.2 Wifi A.E interface to PCI-E 1x riser card like this:

( https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.71f32e8dIrBtPU&id=548352185850&_u=c1j88j88d8e) 

and I connect a PCI-e 1x display card to this riser card. When I boot ubuntu 16.04, and use lspci, I can found the display card. However, my monitor is always black and no any output from boot. 

I have some experience of uboot develop. This looks like the vga bios in the display card is not called. Maybe bios is never consider that an display card will appeared in the lane of m2.wifi. I think may be this can be solve by ASROCKS's EFI BIOS developer. 

If asrocks can solve this , it's going to be a solution that everyone really wants.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic