ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Taich - Black screen and OC question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juuhuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:25am
I cleared CMOS, still black screen ~10sec. I want to increase voltage now but I'm not sure how to do. I have 2 options:

1. Put CPU freq and voltage in manual mode and change there
(If I just put on manual, then CPU will not OC itself anymore?)
2. Go in Voltage configuration, under CPU Vcore change from auto to fixed or offset

Should I choose number 2, go fixed and write 1.3?
I tried looking in mbo manaul but it's not described in detail.. noting about fixed or offset modes is mentioned.

Edited by juuhuu - 19 May 2018 at 9:26am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:43pm
mate can i say again

many many very experianced ryzen system builders are saying dont bother overclocking the cpu

why are you messing around with yours ?

amd seem to have a very very good job with the auto clocks,
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
juuhuu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juuhuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:02am
I am not trying to overclock, I am just trying to put voltage up because user "donalgodon" said that black screen might be because of too low voltage. 
I have put 1.3V under fixed and same.. black screen.
juuhuu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juuhuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:54am
Tried puttin VGA in bottom slot and running with just 1 memory stick but same..

Is this normal when I power on?

Edited by juuhuu - 20 May 2018 at 2:55am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 3:04am
Yes, that is normal.

You only have an issue if a code remains on the debug display and the system has stopped responding/posting. The POST code display shows the code for each part of the POST process, if the system fails at any one of these Power On Self Tests, the corresponding code will remain on the display to let you know where the problem is, otherwise they simply flash on the display and change to the next code until POST is complete. There is also a POST code that is displayed while in the UEFI, this is normal too, this is because entering the UEFI interrupts the POST process. 
juuhuu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juuhuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 4:56am
Is 10-15sec black screen before Asrock logo/BIOS/boot menu also normal?

What about reseting everything by removing battery?

Edited by juuhuu - 20 May 2018 at 7:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic