ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pstate overclock not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pstate overclock not working
    Posted: 27 May 2018 at 5:10am
Hi asrock forum. I am currently using asrock x470 gaming k4 with ryzen 7 2700x. I tried pstate oc, and set pstate 0 to desired fid and vid to 4.2 ghz and 1,43v. I set the pstate 1 and 2 to custom, but using the default value. As i boot to windows, using windows balanced power plan and set processor min state to 20%, the frecuecy fluctuates low in idle and high in load as expected. But the volyage is fixed. It doesn't change from 1.43v as in pstate 0. I understand that there was a bug in pstate oc as in the past, or maybe there is still now. Some said that we can only touch fid in pstate 0 and leave others untouched then cranck the voltsge by using vcore offset voltage in oc tweaker or else the bug will consider it a full oc. But... isnt that crazy to crank up to 4,2 without voltage increasement. This board doesn't even have vcore offset voltage in oc tweaker menu, please asrock add the menu of vcore offset voltage in oc tweaker for upcoming bios so i can use pstate overclocking. Thanks

Edited by jr777 - 27 May 2018 at 5:11am
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:43am
You are going to get worse performance by trying to use Pstate overclocking on 2xxx series.  If you want it downclock further, set minimum processor state in power plan to 5%.  

Other than that, Offset voltage is required for proper Pstate overclocking.  You shouldn't be touching any other value besides the FID in each state.  
jr777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:37pm
That is why i cant get proprr pstate oc. There are no core voltage offset menu in oc tweaker. That is why i am complaining because asrock somehow NEEDS to implement this in the upcoming bios. This has been a misery of overclocking in this board
ALB92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALB92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 12:58am
From personal testing there is litle difference between simple manual OC and Pstate OC so i would advise you to just set your frequency and voltage in OC Tweaker and call it a day ( at least for now ) .

This being said i agree that it's unacceptable for such a board to not have offset options. Frankly i don't know if Asrock bios team is overloaded but Asrock bios quality is very dissapointing wich is a shame because their hardware is good quality . I personnaly am confident will never buy one of their boards again because of this and im looking forward to get rid of my ab350itx/ac .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic