ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Rack C2550D4I IMPI JViewer Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Rack C2550D4I IMPI JViewer Issue
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:47am

To whom it may concern,

I`m facing issue with Java Console for IMPI KVM control of my C2550D4I board based Home Server.
I`m using Firefox 60.0.1 (32-bit) and Java (32-bit) Version 8 Update 171
I have generated SSL certificate using SSL Certificate Configuration feature in BMC.
Certificate is only possible which can be created sha1 with RSA Encryption and 1024bit key length.
Certificate is also installed in to windows certificate authority.
Client OS is Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

I can start console from BMC Dashboard or Remote Control->Console Redirection->Java Console.
After couple of Java security warnings JViewer is loaded without any error messages, but neither I`m receiving video, neither I can do anything further in Console, since all commands in all menus and command bar are greyed out, except Help and Exit.
Also small preview screen on Dashboard is not loading at all, neither I get some error or message on it.

I tried also to use older Java versions (jre7u67; jre8u45; jre8u5; jre8u91; jre8u121) including various combinations of older Firefox version (51.0.1; 52.0) but without success. Additionally, I tried with latest version of Lubuntu in VM but also without success.

Can you please advise what needs to be configured and how, in order to get Java Console Working again?

BTW,
I Assume issue is in sha1 certificate which Microsoft have announced it won?™t be supported any more, but I`m not sure can I import sha2 certificate generated e.g. with OpenSSL (Since I don?™t want to make system non-operational) and which parameters and configurations are mandatory and/or recommended for usage of sha2 certificates?

Many thanks in advance
Best Regards
Dacha

Dacha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:28am
To whom it may concern,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and please forgive me for my delayed answer.

There was no need for all of proposed procedures since I can access to my BMC IPMI and Restore factory defaults resolved this issue for me.

However, please keep in mind following:

1.       BMC reset tool its bit tricky to be used since for that I need Monitor and Keyboard, which I don?™t have at home since I`m relaying on integrated IPMI KVM 100%
  2.       Luckily ?œHow to reset the gui password??guide was unnecessary since I know very well my admin BMC password. Anyway, many thanks, who knows I might need it in the future.
  3.       With provided ipmitool 01-13-05 I didn?™t have luck, since tool was not working on my 64-bit Windows 7 due to compatibility issue.
Unsupported 16-Bit Application:
The program or feature 

a.       I Tried different compatibility settings but without success as well.

b.       I also tried to replicate below explained command set ?œipmitool ?“H [Server IP] ?“U [account] ?“P [password] raw 0x32 0x66??for ipmiutil 2.9.8 win64 with ?œipmiutil -N [Server IP] -U [account] -P [password] cmd 0x32 0x66??(Which BTW I`m using in general for starting or shutting down my system), but also without success.

Many thanks for support
Best regards
Dacha

Sent: 31 May 2018 16:52
Subject: RE: $C2550D4I$ Java Console no video and commands are greyed out (Germany)

Hi Dacha,

Normally you would not need to have the ssl certificate installed to have the java working. The latest bmc is compatible with  the latest java.

Maybe you can use these tools to reset you bmc on the board  & try to connect ? please also try another browser just in case
. For resetting to defaults can you please try one of  these tools? .  I have added 3 just in case one is not working)

1st.  with the Bmc reset tool.:

With this tool you can reset the settings  to default. (admin, admin). Rename the *.txt file to *.zip, extract to a bootable usb stick ( you can create this with rufus )  & execute the file in Dosmode ( boot form the stick) on the board.

or

2nd. How to reset the gui password. ( see attachment)

or

3rd. With the ipmitool

please try this command with ipmi tool
Here is the command line to reset BMC:

ipmitool ?“H [Server IP] ?“U [account] ?“P [password] raw 0x32 0x66

For example, if the server ip is 192.168.30.97 and IPMI account is admin, password is admin, the command line will be like below,

ipmitool -H 192.168.30.97 -U admin -P admin raw 0x32 0x66

here is the IPMI command line for power on/power off/reboot
  Power off :
# ipmitool ?“H 192.168.30.20 ?“U admin ?“P admin raw 0 2 0

Power on :
# ipmitool ?“H 192.168.30.20 ?“U admin ?“P admin raw 0 2 1

reboot :
# ipmitool ?“H 192.168.30.20 ?“U admin ?“P admin raw 0 2 2

( if this command does not work you can triy this tip from another customer:
The issue could be resolved using the ipmitool that you suggested.  However, I could not do this remotely with the command "ipmitool ?“H [Server IP] ?“U [account] ?“P [password] raw 0x32 0x66" since no password worked -- neither my chosen one, nor the default "admin".  I was able to set the password by sshing into the server, and then using ipmitool locally with the command "ipmitool -I open user set password 2 [password]", cf.)

Regards,

ASRockRack TSD
ASRockRack
Bijsterhuizen 11-11
6546 AR Nijmegen
Netherlands
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic