ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 GAMING-ITX/AC - no sign of life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 GAMING-ITX/AC - no sign of life
    Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 3:31am

Hey guys,

TLDR question - Without a CPU slotted should the cpu fan come on if it is plugged in?

I completely put together my computer, hit power with no sign of life.   I took everything apart with just the power supply and cpu fan connected to the mother board and the fan did not come on.  The next day I connected the power supply from a working computer I believe with just the mobo + cpu fan (no cpu) I got the fan to come on.  I connected the Chopin's psu to the mother board and the cpu fan came on. I added the cpu (without putting the fan on the cpu) and the cpu fan came on.  I added memory and put the cpu fan on the cpu and no sign of life.  I removed the memory and again the fan didn't spin.  I removed the cpu and again the fan didn't spin.  I connected the known good PSU without the cpu and the cpu fan did not come on.

I assumed I killed the motherboard somehow so I ordered another and it has no sign of life.

1)  Without a CPU should the cpu fan turn on?  If so both motherboards are dead? The cpu fan works when connected to a working system. 

2)  Is my memory (below) compatible? I just noticed it says intel and the model number is C19D not C14D.  I was having success the second time up until the memory...  Does new egg have compatible gskill ddr4 4000 , their search doesn't seem to work when inputting the model numbers.

3) If the answer to 1 is no the cpu has to be slotted for the cpu fan to come on -- did I kill the cpu by turning it on without the cpu fan seated?  It was just a few seconds before unplugging.

Inwin Chopin
AMD 2400g
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Intel Z170 / Z270 / Z370 Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C19D-16GTZSW
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232444

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic