ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No HDMI/DVI after install of ASRock Z170 K6+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No HDMI/DVI after install of ASRock Z170 K6+
    Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 10:41am
Hi all,

I have recently purchased an ASRock Z170 K6+ and installed RAM, HDD, CPU Cooler, Power Supply.

Only problem is that when I try and connect this to any computer monitor both in HDMI or DVI mode nothing comes up or displays. I have a thermaltake 650W PSU and am wondering if this is something wrong with the board?

Can I please get some suggestions from you guys and girls?

Look forward to your help.

Michael aka Minya
Melbourne VIC Australia
Minya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 10:52am
I should also mention that my system starts up normaly as like fans, etc.
Michael aka Minya
Melbourne VIC Australia
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Minya Minya wrote:

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an ASRock Z170 K6+ and installed RAM, HDD, CPU Cooler, Power Supply.

Only problem is that when I try and connect this to any computer monitor both in HDMI or DVI mode nothing comes up or displays. I have a thermaltake 650W PSU and am wondering if this is something wrong with the board?

Can I please get some suggestions from you guys and girls?

Look forward to your help.

So neither the HDMI or DVI outputs from the CPU Integrated graphics seems to work with multiple monitors you've tested? You haven't tried the DisplayPort output, due to lack of monitor support?

Do you have a separate video card installed in the PC? If you do but have nothing connected to it, and have the IGPU Multi-Monitor option set to Disabled, the Integrated Graphics will not work.

Are the HDMI and DVI outputs used directly into HDMI or DVI cables without any adapters, and into their corresponding inputs on the monitors?

Are the monitors set to auto select the input source? Did you try manually selecting the input on the monitors?

Have you ever gotten a video signal out of the integrated graphics?
Minya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 3:19pm
Hi parsec

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was lucky enough that since I posted 2 hours ago a friend's son is a computer tech (which I didn't know) and he cam over and narrowed down the problem.

The computer couldn't boot to POST but after changing the RAM sticks we got all sorts of error codes (which I googled) along the way.  The system boots to ok one the one stick of RAM but 2 causes all sorts of issues like not even displaying POST.

In the end he identified that it was either a faulty RAM stick and/or Faulty Motherboard RAM Slot.

I was very surprised regarding the approach and result.

Thanks for offering your help.

I hope you have a good nigh/day.

Michael aka Minya
Melbourne VIC Australia
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 12:46am
Great, glad you figured it out!

The codes you see on the Dr Debug display are POST codes, and are not really error codes. They show which part of the POST process is being executed.

If one of the POST processes fails, POST stops and the code of the failed process is displayed. That code helps us identify what the problem is.

In some cases, the problem is so bad that POST does not even begin, which is unusual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic