ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 will not load Asrock Z87M Extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 will not load Asrock Z87M Extreme4
    Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 12:55am
I think this issue might be related to motherboard. Once i update or install new windows 10 it only starts right after installation, when i shut down the system it gets into system closing loop (spining dots) and it remains like that until some timeout mechanism says there was an error closing the system. Then when I try to restart the system it will get stuck in loading process but will never load and after couple fail tries it will get into startup autorepair which does no good. 
I tried rebuilding BCD/ MBR etc.  I think this might be some kind of driver / compatibility issue and my guess is this might have to do with motherboard.

issue #2 I can't do online bios update as my motherboard always says no connection even though I connect it directly to router with ethernet cable 

Anyone had same issue with Windows 10 and resolved it? 

Edited by peterw - 28 Sep 2015 at 12:57am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 1:18am
Hi and welcome to the forums Smile

I can't really help you with windows 10 as I have yet to adopt it myself but I can help with the BIOS update issue.

You can download the latest "instant flash" BIOS for your board here and copy the unzipped (if Zipped) file to a flash drive then follow the instructions on the download page and use the instant flash utility in your BIOS. I am not sure if it will resolve the OS issue you are having but it is possible if your BIOS version is older.

Additionally, before you update the BIOS you can try clear CMOS and attempt a repair/reinstall windows with the board set to defaults. If that fails then you can go ahead and try a BIOS update.

Good luck.

Edited by Xaltar - 28 Sep 2015 at 1:20am
peterw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 1:33am
I will update BIOS via USB but i was just wandering why it does not detect connection. 
I reinstalled system couple of times, reset to defaults and nothing helped, only rolling back to windows 8.1 gets the system running

peterw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 2:46am
actually i unzip the file copy the contents to pen drive but when i try to update it only says instant flash searching and nothing happens. I can't quit the process either
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 3:34am
The flash drive needs to be formatted in FAT32 in order for the UEFI to be able to read from it, if it is NTFS you will encounter the issue you mentioned. You can remove the flash drive and prepare it on another PC then connect it again, if it does not pick up still then use the reset and try again.

Instructions can be found here if it helps.
Patch61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patch61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 6:25am
I don't know if this is still an issue, but I just wanted to say that I had a similar problem with two Win10 upgrade attempts. It worked fine at first, but after rebooting the following morning, it would hang when starting Windows. My only solution was to reinstall Win7 both times.

Edited by Patch61 - 15 Dec 2015 at 6:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic