ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

4.72 Beta BIOS for X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dm7000s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4.72 Beta BIOS for X370 Taichi
    Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:21am
So f-i-n-a-l-l-y there seems to be some movement on the BIOS front for the X370 Taichi.

For the 4.72 BetaBIOS see here: https://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php, or use this direct download link.

Some major bugs seem to have been fixed (see this link).

But since this topic: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8184 ("Warning to users with older video cards") I have not upgraded to any BIOS version in the 4.xx range.

Why? In short: An older videocard without GOP BIOS support does not work on the 4.xx BIOS versions, because the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is missing. I am using a Radeon HD7850 so I do not dare to test this beta bios.

Can someone confirm that this problem is finally fixed?

Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:43am
This is fantastic!  I flashed to it last night, and it seems to run games fine now without instantly crashing when overclocking with P-states.  Don't have an older video card to test.  So far from what I can tell, they need to hide an additional CPU SoC voltage when ASRock setting is enabled in bios, rather than AMD CBS mode.  

Also, DRAM options really should be readily available.  I've had problems with getting memory trained.  I had to set it three times to get XMP to stick.  That needs to be fixed badly.
dm7000s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dm7000s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:54am
Originally posted by Reinvented Reinvented wrote:

This is fantastic!? I flashed to it last night, and it seems to run games fine now without instantly crashing when overclocking with P-states.? Don't have an older video card to test.? So far from what I can tell, they need to hide an additional CPU SoC voltage when ASRock setting is enabled in bios, rather than AMD CBS mode.??

Also, DRAM options really should be readily available.? I've had problems with getting memory trained.? I had to set it three times to get XMP to stick.? That needs to be fixed badly.

Thanks Reinvented,

Can you check if the following option is there in the BIOS?

Launch Video OpROM Policy is the one that has been missing in the latest 4.xx BIOS versions.

I hope it is back now!

Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:41am
I'm really interested to know how this bios is once it's out of BETA.
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by dm7000s dm7000s wrote:

Originally posted by Reinvented Reinvented wrote:

This is fantastic!? I flashed to it last night, and it seems to run games fine now without instantly crashing when overclocking with P-states.? Don't have an older video card to test.? So far from what I can tell, they need to hide an additional CPU SoC voltage when ASRock setting is enabled in bios, rather than AMD CBS mode.??

Also, DRAM options really should be readily available.? I've had problems with getting memory trained.? I had to set it three times to get XMP to stick.? That needs to be fixed badly.

Thanks Reinvented,

Can you check if the following option is there in the BIOS?

Launch Video OpROM Policy is the one that has been missing in the latest 4.xx BIOS versions.

I hope it is back now!

Did not see the video OpROM option at all, but the others were there. 
Swkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:22am
Does this bios fix the pci.sys bluescreen? still using 2.36 because of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Swkie Swkie wrote:

Does this bios fix the pci.sys bluescreen? still using 2.36 because of it.

I have had no crashes whatsoever on any version.  So, your statement about bluescreen needs more information.  What are your specs?  I can almost guarantee you, it's one of your other devices, rather than the board or bios.  
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:21am
i tried every version from 1.6 to 3.1

never have had bluescreen
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 5:31pm
Why still this beta not in asrock site?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic