ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Fatal1ty k6 gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Fatal1ty k6 gaming
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:09pm
I'm itching to buy this motherboard to use with i5 8600k but i'm concerned that it does not support windows 7. Win 7 and Linux are all i'm going to use. I'm not coming anywhere near win 10 trash.

Does it support it entirely? Do those drivers in the support section which are labeled only win10 also contain the win 7 inside them?

I'm between this mobo and the Asus prime z370-a which is confirmed to support win 7 because there are specific win7 64 drivers on its website for download.

Sidenote:

Although we know that all this stupidity from microsoft of forcing companies into fooling users into thinking that the new generation of processors and chipsets does not support win7 in most cases is nothing but silly lobby, I dont wanna risk and buy a motherboard that purposedly makes installing win7 a hassle. The concern here is that ASRock dont officially state in the download page that the drivers are win7 64 ready.
kilirm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:49pm
Anyone able to help?
mobiuus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:56am
yes these win 10 drivers work perfectly on windows 7 but u will need usb drivers for keyboard to install windows 7...google it or search it on you tube... there are plenty videos about installing windows 7 on coffey lake...
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:35am
see this topic: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6548&PN=2&title=intel-z370-windows7-drivers
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic