ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AsRock A320M-DGS didn`t start after BIOS update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock A320M-DGS didn`t start after BIOS update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefan4o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock A320M-DGS didn`t start after BIOS update
    Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:42am
Hello, support
I have a bad situation here. Decide to upgrade my daughter PC to let her play some games. So I decide to choose AsRock A320M-DGS and Ryzen 3 2200G. Also A-data DDR4 2667Mhz 8GB has beed fitted. Decide to use a SSD A-data Gammix S11 M2 2280 PCIe Gen 3x4. All setup has been assembled by myself - I can say without any error - all works properly... or I thought so... When I am starting to install WIN10 64 bit from USB everything seems to be OK. Until the moment where it said " There`s no device to install windows". The A-data Gammix S11 wasn`t appear at all. Restart and check the BIOS options - both M2 menu`s has been "not found" or sort of. I did a quick search in AsRock official site and found the mainboard BIOS releases:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-DGS/index.us.asp#BIOS
I`ve read that 
* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.40, please update BIOS to P3.40(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.
Hoping that the SSD drive is complete new model and new BIOS release can find it. And so I`ve download this 3.40 version on another USB drive. When I restart the new PC I believe I came in TOOLS menu of BIOS. So there I just check the option for update and pop-ups told me if I want I can do firmware update. I agree and click OK. The process run about... don`t know maybe 2-3 minutes, and when it has 100% another pop-up said "the process has been successful, you should reboot now". So I reboot and... nothing on the screen - just fans working (PSU Fortron 350W PNF and CPU cooler fan). It won`t start at all. I have remove the memory stick - completely the same - nothing happens only fans blowing... What should I do to make this run properly for using all the hardware I have assembled on it?

Edited by stefan4o - 27 Jul 2018 at 3:44am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:29am
so you haqve a 2200 cpu

and a board that DID have the 4.xxx bios to boot with ryzen 2xxx cpu's

then flashed the early bridge bios 3.40................
which dosnt work with the later ryzen 2xxx series cpus

your options are
use an early ryzen cpu startinbg with 1xxx and reflash to bios versions 4+

or try to con amd to send you out a boot kit to flash it

either way it now has the wrong bios on to work with a 2200
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
stefan4o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefan4o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:34am
I believe you are right. Cause I see small sticker on the BIOS chip 4.40, which may means that what u said. Wink I didn`t realize, that I can DOWNGRADE a firmware of mainboard. And what about the A - data Gammix S11? Do you believe it will be visible when I update a last firmware 4.80 ? I will find an older A4 CPU and try to update to the newest. I hope it will help to make the M2 device work properly.
Thanks for support Clap
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:37am
i cant say for sure

but we have had some posts with guys saying the hard drives dissapeared etc

you would have to search for solutions ,i think some were cured with later bios versions though

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:40am
p.s.
that 2200g is severely strangled with 1 stick of ram it needs 2 sticks for dual channel to work much better

for example in games it literally was tested to halve the framerates with 1 stick............

stefan4o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefan4o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:48am
I am so happy writing this post. I took my friend`s AMD Athlon A10 and reflash bios up to last 4.80 version. My A-data Gammix S11 appear in BIOS too. I am installing windows 10 now. Thanks for help, happy end for me. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic