ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 pro4 black screen after updating bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustralianLag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 pro4 black screen after updating bios
    Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 11:02am
[URL=][/URL]Hi,
I've just finished a new build and have been having some problems with graphics using a RX570.
I read a bios update may help so I downloaded 3.2 and 5.x following the AMD instructions to upgrade to the bridge first.

Flashing from a USB stick all went well with the installation however after restarting I was getting no monitor signal.

I've try resetting the CMOS with both the jumper and battery but will nothing.

I also moved the USB from the front port to to rear as another person had that same issue but this hasn't worked either.

Also worth noting I'm using a Ryzen 5

Does anyone have any ideas without having to replace the chip?
Thanks

Edited by AustralianLag - 16 Aug 2018 at 11:03am
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 12:19pm
Post your full system specs.  

Also, what bios revision were you on?  I have a feeling you are on a 2xxx series CPU and you flashed incorrectly.  You wouldn't need the bridge bios at all.  
AustralianLag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustralianLag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:22pm
You would be correct, I am running a 2600. After digging around the net more it dawned on me that I've ruined the mobo and without sending it away for repairs the only way to get a boot is with an older CPU.
Unfortunately I don't have my old AMD anymore so that's not an option.

Does anyone have another suggestion or is my best course of action to repair/return the mobo?

Thanks.
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm
You can either ask someone in your area if they have a CPU to use, or buy a cheap one, or contact AMD Support to see if they will send you a boot kit.  

Waiting for the boot kit might take a bit, but it's a free option.  

Returning the motherboard is extremely dishonest for your own mistake.  Do not do this.  Eat the cost and either buy a cheap CPU to flash it, or ask for a loaner. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic