ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x399 and the LSI 9201-16i Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerky_san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:27am
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

I believe you've see this already: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/boot-issue-with-lsi-9201-16i.21255/

You maybe have participated in this discussion, even. There is very valuable info! Give it a try if you haven't.

Yeah that's one of the links in my first post. I'm fairly certain that one is one of the two from the reddit posts but I am unsure.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:37am
Hmm, odd. So, to summarize my understandings on the issue - one should flash the latest LSi FW, then flash the LSi BootROM, then tune the mobo options for UEFI-only (no CSM) and finally, the boot options.

I gather you've done this already, as I didn't quite get some of the stuff you said.
Jerky_san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerky_san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:00am

Hmm, odd. So, to summarize my understandings on the issue - one should flash the latest LSi FW, then flash the LSi BootROM, then tune the mobo options for UEFI-only (no CSM) and finally, the boot options.

I gather you've done this already, as I didn't quite get some of the stuff you said.

Well depends on what you want. I started with the FW/BootRom but some suggest simply leaving the BootRom off as it is only required if you wish to actually boot from a drive that resides on the card. I originally was trying to make it work like it has in every system I've ever owned with FW/Bootrom so after having it lock on me a few times I turned Bootrom to UEFI and it skipped it and booted the OS. I assumed it was just a minor hiccup with a UEFI bios and an older standard bootrom. But then the OS had issues as well so flashed just the FW and tried that way since some people have said on other boards for intel and xeons that fixed "oddness" and perhaps was "just a bad flash" though this card has been working just fine all these years. That still did not fix it in the OS. Just bypasses the card being accessed in the beginning and thus masked it.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:16am
Well, not much left for me to add. It appears you've tried all possible options.

One last thing from me - try https://asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

Some guys say they have better responses/support from ASRock when they are reached via the aforementioned procedure. After all, if the LSI board is working, then it's ASRock RMA time. Who knows, maybe they will listen.
Jerky_san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerky_san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:29am

Well, not much left for me to add. It appears you've tried all possible options.

Some guys say they have better responses/support from ASRock when they are reached via the aforementioned procedure. After all, if the LSI board is working, then it's ASRock RMA time. Who knows, maybe they will listen.

I just wish I could get something out of their tech support. If they are open only "business days" then this would be the third day in a row with literally no response. It's a $300+ board so you would think it would get attention as there are probably many like me.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Jerky_san Jerky_san wrote:

I just wish I could get something out of their tech support. If they are open only "business days" then this would be the third day in a row with literally no response. It's a $300+ board so you would think it would get attention as there are probably many like me.

Nah, mate. It's ASRock. They just rinse and repeat. My x370 Taichi cost me nearly $400 back in the day (cheapest option around here) but what I bought for this price is beta test subscription instead. I learned my lesson the hard way. Cry

There is a reason why ASUS boards still hold near-launch prices, while ASRock ones tanked as rocks (pun intended). This speaks for itself.

Basically, this forum is an anonymous asrock haters group. Select few were helped with some trivial issues, rest only have each other.

Best of luck and ...swap it already.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic