ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z370 Killer sli/ac Not Recognizing GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcflurry8706 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z370 Killer sli/ac Not Recognizing GPU
    Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:04am
I recently completed a build using the ASRock z370 Killer sli/ac motherboard. I've included the specs below. I've installed an EVGA Gefore GTX 1070 graphics card yet the mobo is not picking it up. I've updated the BIOS, downloaded the NVIDIA drivers and tried "enabling" the PCH PCIE ASPM Support in the BIOS. Still no recognition. Everything boots when I plug an HDMI chord directly into the mobo, but when I try plugging directly into the GPU I only get a black screen.

I'm really hoping this is a driver-related issue since this is a new graphics card. I'll be bringing the card over to a friend's house to see if the card can be read in his PC, but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas?

CPU: Intel i5 8400
Mobo: ASRock z370 Killer sli/ac
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070

Edited by mcflurry8706 - 21 Aug 2018 at 3:05am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:38am

Dear Mcflurry8706,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we have built a system to check, VGA card can be detected properly.

System configuration:

CPU: i5-8400

M/B: Z370 Killer SLI/AC BIOS P3.10

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070

Please try to install the VGA card to another PCIe slot to check.

If possible, try to install the VGA card to another PC to make sure the card is working.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

mcflurry8706 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcflurry8706 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
Hi,
So I have brought my VGA card to another PC and the card is functioning properly. Since then I've updated all of my drivers and tried the card in both PCIe slots. This appears to be an issue with the motherboard itself. Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic