ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 pro 4 M.2 boot issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 3:23am
uefi is caching boot records
u may need to clean it

first of all unplug every drive u have connected
then go to bios, go to boot tab and u should see in there something like boot override, select efi shell
u should see command line now

To dump a list of current boot entries:
Shell> bcfg boot dump -v

remove all once by one
To remove the 1st boot option: Shell> bcfg boot rm 0
To remove the 2nd boot option: Shell> bcfg boot rm 1
and so on

once done, power of pc, plug in m.2 and boot from usb install media
try again install win now (with only m.2 + usb pen)
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:09am
can i also add

make a new usb windows installer using the windows media creation tool
google it

it makes the windows install usb itself and is the very most current version you can use your current windows key
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Ktech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 1:39pm
Please upgrade new Bios 1.50 then
Setup with Clean all Key Boot
 > Secure Boot = Enable Only 
 > CSM = Disable
 > Boot from UEFI Windows manager (Windows 10) 

Hope this will help
K-Tech
voxdei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voxdei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:42am
I would be weary of bios 1.50 for the B450.

I have the B450M Pro4 and up-dated to the 1.50 bios from the 1.20 bios and ended up
thinking I would have to RMA it.

After first updating (using the ROM Bios Update function in 1.20) it appeared to work fine.
The only change I made (same as under the 1.20 bios) was to set my memory XMP to 3200 and AUTO.

From there, things went down hill. Trying to boot gave error messages about not finding missing kernel files, etc., and this was attempting to fix things using the Windows install disk and even my
Disk Imaging Emergency Boot disk (from a CD/DVD drive).

This is all under Win 64 Pro which had been working fine under the 1.20 bios.

Then, after a couple of attempts to fix the boot order and reboots (sometimes it would not even boot into the bios screen) the 1.50 bios would freeze either when I tried to change a value or use the ROM Update feature (to go back to 1.20 bios) or freeze when I made changes and attempted to "Save and Exit". The Press F6 option would not work and would either freeze the mobo or tell me that it could not find a valid ROM image (which was not true).

Finally, my last desperate option was pulling the battery out for an hour and shunting the "Clear Bios" jumpers. That got me a boot into the base bios and I updated to 1.20 bios, set my memory to 3200/Auto and re-booted and viola, back to my Win64pro OS and everything is OK.

This is the first Asrock board I have used in decades and it also the first motherboard that I have had in decades that went south that bad doing a bios update. It is also the first board in a long time that did not have an external "Clear Cmos" button, so doing it on the B450 means opening the case, removing the graphics card, removing the battery, getting a LONG needle nose pliers and finding a tiny shunt to reset the two "clear bios" pins on the mobo. sucks.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic